Crazy Trade Deadline Predictions

Chisoxfn

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
Jose Quintana, Jeff Samardzija, Alexei Ramirez, Avisail Garcia, and Emilio Bonifacio for Yasiel Puig, Joc Pederson, Julio Urias, and Corey Seager.

why would the Dodgers want any of those last 3 guys? I guess Avi replaces the 2 OFs they're trading away but they'd be better off this season not playing Avi and just throwing some random backup out there.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
Jose Quintana, Jeff Samardzija, Alexei Ramirez, Avisail Garcia, and Emilio Bonifacio for Yasiel Puig, Joc Pederson, Julio Urias, and Corey Seager.

That sure is crazy lol. No one wants Bonifacio. You're not getting all those guys from LA without including Sale.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
How would trading for a guy who's hitting .239 away from Coors Field help this offense? It's not 2011.

Carlos Gonzalez stayed red-hot on Sunday, blasting another pair of home runs and driving in six as the Rockies demolished the Reds 17-7 at Coors Field.

Gonzalez delivered an RBI single to start a 10-run third inning, which he finished with a two-run homer. He wasn't finished though, as he clobbered a three-run shot in the fifth to cap off his massive afternoon. He has now hit seven home runs in his last nine games and is slashing .270/.326/.497 on the season with 18 long balls and 47 RBI.

CarGo wouldn't be a bad guy to try and go get for this lineup. It'd be an interesting acquisition for protection for Abreu.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 08:19 PM)
Carlos Gonzalez stayed red-hot on Sunday, blasting another pair of home runs and driving in six as the Rockies demolished the Reds 17-7 at Coors Field.

Gonzalez delivered an RBI single to start a 10-run third inning, which he finished with a two-run homer. He wasn't finished though, as he clobbered a three-run shot in the fifth to cap off his massive afternoon. He has now hit seven home runs in his last nine games and is slashing .270/.326/.497 on the season with 18 long balls and 47 RBI.

CarGo wouldn't be a bad guy to try and go get for this lineup. It'd be an interesting acquisition for protection for Abreu.

Don't underestimate the Coors Field effect. However, I agree that it would be interesting!

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 08:24 PM)
Don't underestimate the Coors Field effect. However, I agree that it would be interesting!

It was just another crazy prediction. I'm not pounding the table for it but if we decide against selling or even want to move Shark and get a bat, then CarGo would be an interesting piece. For the fact that he's been hurt and is having a decent year this year and has played in 88 games. He's been somewhat healthy this year. Could be a very intriguing and KW does have a history of outside the box moves. Plus I love CarGo. He's my favorite player not on the Sox. I'm biased lol.

Contract details: '16 he makes 17 million and in '17 he makes 20 million. Not sure what he's owed the rest of his 16 million this year. Obviously Colorado would be sending some money back in the deal.

Edited by Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 06:30 PM)
It was just another crazy prediction. I'm not pounding the table for it but if we decide against selling or even want to move Shark and get a bat, then CarGo would be an interesting piece. For the fact that he's been hurt and is having a decent year this year and has played in 88 games. He's been somewhat healthy this year. Could be a very intriguing and KW does have a history of outside the box moves. Plus I love CarGo. He's my favorite player not on the Sox. I'm biased lol.

Contract details: '16 he makes 17 million and in '17 he makes 20 million. Not sure what he's owed the rest of his 16 million this year. Obviously Colorado would be sending some money back in the deal.

With bats at a premium, this is the sort of deal you're going to have to make if you want one. I don't know that Colorado would be sending back much money, to be honest.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 06:18 PM)
Tim Anderson, Avisail Garcia, and Frank Montas for Justin Upton :lol:

For one year of Upton I wouldn't move Anderson. Definitely intriguing because we need an impact bat in the worst way.

Edit: didn't realize he was a free agent. Definitely wouldn't move Anderson for him.

Edited by Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
Question;

Is Quintana worth Schwarber?

He's a nice bat, but he doesnt have a position. He wont stick behind the plate and I dont think he has the athleticism for the OF. Hard to think the bat is enough to nab a 26 year old LHP that is consistently putting up 3 WAR seasons and has another 3-4 years of control.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
He's a nice bat, but he doesnt have a position. He wont stick behind the plate and I dont think he has the athleticism for the OF. Hard to think the bat is enough to nab a 26 year old LHP that is consistently putting up 3 WAR seasons and has another 3-4 years of control.

Schwarber will be a DH eventually IMO. Meaning he'll be traded

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
I guess another thing we could think about is what we would have to add with Shark to get Schwarber back. That is the type of deal that helps the offense now and for the future.

I can't imagine the Cubs giving him up in a deal centered around a rental.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
He's a nice bat, but he doesnt have a position. He wont stick behind the plate and I dont think he has the athleticism for the OF. Hard to think the bat is enough to nab a 26 year old LHP that is consistently putting up 4-5 WAR seasons and has another 3-4 years of control.

He's pretty much at 3 WAR this season already, and had over 5 WAR last year.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
He's already pretty much at 3 WAR this season already, and had over 5 WAR last year.

Ya, I meant it more as a "if he got hurt today, he's a 3 WAR a season player", but I completely agree he will likely be worth between 4-5 wins before the season is over.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)

Oh, and Jose actually has 5.3 years of team control remaining.