7/18 vs KC Royals

flavum

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 01:31 PM)
Failure to put up a crooked number in any of these last 3 innings will probably cost. The fight is there, but Guthrie should already be toast.

Guess I should be used to this by now.

That's exactly right. I know slugging percentage and OPS is an indicator but I'd love to see a stat that says how many hits drive in 2 or more runs at a time. But I'm afraid it would only disclose what we already know.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
I'm sorry but Tyler Flowers sucks. I can't believe how many posts I've seen in the past week or so saying catching isn't a gigantic problem. I don't care where we currently rank in terms of catcher OPS, because had you looked at the end of May we'd be near the bottom. Flowers had a good June where he finally hit some home runs and brought his overall offensive numbers to respectability, but anyone thinking this was anything but a hot streak will be fooling themselves. We saw the same thing last year, wait until the end of the season and the numbers will be garbage as usual. We're stuck with him for now, but Hahn definitely needs to find a better starting catcher than Flowrrs before next season.

Sox pitchers getting beat up pretty good today. Flowers isn't that bad, folks. He is average. He is what he is. There are a lot of terrible catchers out there.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
Those first inning runs came back to bite Q lol

Has there ever been a team less ready when the lights go on? Other teams have a game plan against our pitchers, especially the divisional foes. They have learned more about us than we about them in the same games, and THAT folks is one of the clearest indictments of our coaching/managing.

Unless you want to believe there's some kind of huge talent gap. The record against the rest of the league tells me there isn't.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
Has there ever been a team less ready when the lights go on? Other teams have a game plan against our pitchers, especially the divisional foes. They have learned more about us than we about them in the same games, and THAT folks is one of the clearest indictments of our coaching/managing.

Unless you want to believe there's some kind of huge talent gap. The record against the rest of the league tells me there isn't.

Something is definitely broken. Not sure if it's on the players or coaches, but I've never seen anything like this.