Trade Deadline Thread

Dunt

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 09:19 AM)
Lind makes a ton of sense for both Houston and Pitt. Initially I didn't think Alexei could be moved and then yesterday someone ( ss2k5?) pointed out that the Sox were able to get something for DeAza and Beckham so I have some hope.

Clubs taking Alexei will be getting a full-time shortstop for $4 million or so for the balance of this year and a $1 million buyout. That is a very reasonable contract.

QUOTE (BigFinn @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
Clubs taking Alexei will be getting a full-time shortstop for $4 million or so for the balance of this year and a $1 million buyout. That is a very reasonable contract.

Agreed. The Sox could offer a bit of money to help offset the buy out and possibly enhance the return a little.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 8m8 minutes ago

Sources: #WhiteSox in “listening mode.” Samardzija most likely to go; only potential free agent of significance. Team also could add.

#WhiteSox will not tear down, trade Sale, etc. Did not simply put club together for 2015. View season as first of at least 3-year window.

As opposed to the postseason less 6-year window that just expired.

Sources: #WhiteSox in “listening mode.” Samardzija most likely to go; only potential free agent of significance. Team also could add.

#WhiteSox will not tear down, trade Sale, etc. Did not simply put club together for 2015. View season as first of at least 3-year window.

I don't expect the White Sox to just disclose to everyone their sellers, but it's annoying hearing of a three year window. Its the type of nonsense I can imagine them believing in. That idea to me is nothing more than being bull-headed and reassuring yourself that while things didnt go as expected, this is our "window" so lets just try mixing around more pieces and ignoring our farm system so we can compete next season!

Get ready to watch pretty much the same garbage lineup next year again. Not really news tho.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
First year of at least being competitive.

i would really like to know his definition of being competitive..... i look at the record and stats and that tells me a different story.

Excuse me but what did everyone expect? Rick to say I'm tearing down and starting over? Before he would be able to do that he would receive a "your fired" from someone above him. Rightfly so. You cant put all the chips down,fail and expect to survive.

Edited by Baron