Non White Sox Rumors

Chisoxfn

I don't get why SD wants to trade Ross unless they're blown away. Young and cost controlled for 2 more seasons after this. I could see trading Shields to get out of that awful deal but Ross is fn good and cheap.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)
Huh? the DBacks are buying? I know I was busy today but when did that happen?

Apparently they want to acquire Chapman and immediately extend his contract past 2016, it wouldn't be a win now move. The tweet I read said something about their new TV contract giving them extra money too.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 2m2 minutes ago

The asking price for Chapman just became too exorbitant for #Dbacks

Was hoping my DBacks could get it done! They probably wanted Bradley or something way out of question. I was hoping we'd get Chapman, and he and Tomas would rival Abreu and Ramirez as Cuban duos :D

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 11:48 AM)
Very surprised that the Cubs havent made any moves yet.

I'm not really surprised. You have to figure everybody want the guys that are known and don't want to trade with the Cubs for the second tier prospects. And the Cubs arent going to trade those premier guys, atleast not this year. And nobody wants Castro.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)
I'm not really surprised. You have to figure everybody want the guys that are known and don't want to trade with the Cubs for the second tier prospects. And the Cubs arent going to trade those premier guys, atleast not this year. And nobody wants Castro.

They still have like 5 Top 100 prospects though plus Baez. I know Baez was really really bad in his short stint last year but they do have the pieces to make a deal.

• 2 weeks later...