Robertson

Duke

Putnam

Petricka

Webb

Albers

Jennings

with Jones coming back.

Who gets moved? I have a feeling Petricka or Putnam could each bring back an interesting prospect.

Or does Hahn hold the bullpen together for a run next year?

Petricka would have little trade value...Ventura/Cooper love him, the throws grounders, but his numbers are terrible.

Putnam would have the most value of those realistically could be traded. Strikeout guy.

Albers may have some value in another week.

I hope the Sox consider moving some of these guys, but they don't sell high, so I doubt it.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 08:43 AM)
Petricka would have little trade value...Ventura/Cooper love him, the throws grounders, but his numbers are terrible.

Putnam would have the most value of those realistically could be traded. Strikeout guy.

Albers may have some value in another week.

I hope the Sox consider moving some of these guys, but they don't sell high, so I doubt it.

Petricka has a 3.27 ERA. Doesn't strikeout a lot of hitters but induces many ground balls. I wouldn't consider him terrible at all.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
Petricka has a 3.27 ERA. Doesn't strikeout a lot of hitters but induces many ground balls. I wouldn't consider him terrible at all.

Exactly. Petricka is pretty good - I don't want the Sox moving him unless they can get a legit bat, which isn't gonna happen. Trade Putnam.

Thinking of what we could realistically get for any of our relievers not named Robertson, I think keeping our strongest bullpen guys and building on it is the best idea. I just don't see any player coming back that would help us compete in our "three-year window" like our bullpen guys would.

Although our bullpen isn't quite KC material, it isn't bad either. I don't think we should ruin it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 10:04 AM)
Putnam is grossly underperforming given his stuff. No idea why people would want to sell so low on him.

I don't think we're selling low on him. He has a great k rate and is playing in front of the worst defense in the league. I'm sure most teams understand his value.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 12:49 PM)
I don't think we're selling low on him. He has a great k rate and is playing in front of the worst defense in the league. I'm sure most teams understand his value.

If they don't, then I guess we wouldn't move him. Would be really nice to turn him into a position player that could contribute next year. He's far from arbitration and has a multi-year record of success now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 05:52 PM)
So I'll just say this once and you can trash me for it.

I'd remove Robertson. Take best available offer and clear out that contract. Goal: something similar in value to a 2nd round pick.

He would be considerable more valuable if we truly needed a closer. Other contending teams could use him he could be a valuable trading piece.

I'd remove Robertson. Take best available offer and clear out that contract. Goal: something similar in value to a 2nd round pick.

Agree 100%. In the off-season, I didn't want the Sox to sign any reliever to a lot of money. Then they signed Robertson for a lot and then I kind of figured "Well now that he's here, I won't complain as long as he's getting the job done." He's doing his job but it would be nice to clear his salary and potentially receive something for him. He's got what, 3/36 left on his deal?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
Agree 100%. In the off-season, I didn't want the Sox to sign any reliever to a lot of money. Then they signed Robertson for a lot and then I kind of figured "Well now that he's here, I won't complain as long as he's getting the job done." He's doing his job but it would be nice to clear his salary and potentially receive something for him. He's got what, 3/36 left on his deal?

3/36 is what he has after this season, in addition he's due right around $4 million for the remainder of this season.

No trash here. Would definitely trade him to see if we can get a B prospect back.

And then what happens when we don't have a good closer anymore? Everyone will complain about it and wish we had a guy who can get the job done as well as Robertson. Sox wouldn't go for it either with their "three-year plan".

I agree the contract sucks to have on our hands. But if we want to compete anytime soon, a solid 9th inning guy is crucial.

QUOTE (RaySox @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 06:31 AM)
And then what happens when we don't have a good closer anymore? Everyone will complain about it and wish we had a guy who can get the job done as well as Robertson. Sox wouldn't go for it either with their "three-year plan".

I agree the contract sucks to have on our hands. But if we want to compete anytime soon, a solid 9th inning guy is crucial.

i guess it is me, but i don't think his contract sucks.

i think it is a great contract for a position that is needed, now and in the future. it is my the sox misfortunes that this yr team is not living up to what was hoped / and expected. if this record this yr would have been more positive, then all would have been ecstatic.

poster should be complaining on why the sox are stuck with adam laroche and boni contracts, deal with the dead weight.

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

I just don't understand why anyone would trade our solid closer for nothing at all without even having a replacement. If Robertson weren't in that bullpen, everyone's roles would shift down and apply much more pressure to them. The bullpen would probably be a train wreck. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather not trade away the pretty decent bullpen we have for some B prospects.