SoxNet: Loyalty without accountability

Quin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked most of the moves they made... the only one I thought was suspect was LaRoche.

There is likely some dysfunction at the top and not everything its Ventura's fault but this team just plays such dumb/uninspired baseball.

The players, especially the veteran ones, a lot of it falls on their shoulders.

To me the only group that sometimes shows some mental fortitude is the pitching staff.

The rest of the players, nearly all of them seem eternally in a negative mental funk - and its spreading.

I don't see a team that plays with any confidence and that plays tight.

Maybe its not Robin's fault but I don't see a team that plays loose - despite the conclusion that manager is "laid back"

Robin will go down as one of the most unsuccessful managers in White Sox history - its too bad because he seems a great guy with a great sense of humor.

From Day one it never felt right , it wasn't going to work and it never did - one season that was a choke job down the stretch and the rest basement dwellings.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
There is likely some dysfunction at the top and not everything its Ventura's fault but this team just plays such dumb/uninspired baseball.

Makes you wonder just exactly what they do in spring training. The last 10 days of it were brutal capped off by Charlotte pounding them. They were flat on opening day in Kansas City...they were flatter for the home opener for Minnesota.

In my opinion that does fall directly on Ventura and his coaching staff.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 05:11 AM)
Makes you wonder just exactly what they do in spring training. The last 10 days of it were brutal capped off by Charlotte pounding them. They were flat on opening day in Kansas City...they were flatter for the home opener for Minnesota.

Mark

i like most of the moves and i wanted still some, but either way, a team of players of this kind, can not forget how to play ball. so the fault falls back on the coach, RV.... i agree it is all on RV. but i also blame the FO and esp the owners.

loosing to the scrubs in spring training, coming out flat from spring training. i leave it at that as proof.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
I got the impression that the article was suggesting a wholesale sea-change as an organization, not a hatchet job on Kenny. The facts illustrated don't lie: drop in attendance, inability to produce a consistent winner and a lack of accountability due to a misguided sense of loyalty. Sure, Kenny sits near the top. But the guy who's really responsible is Jerry Reinsdorf. And if he's anything like the old people in my family, the older they are the more difficult change becomes.

Great read, Lip

Bingo! The buck stops on the Chairman's desk.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
Maybe Jerry will learn something from the Bears if they manage to start turning things around. Going outside to bring in help was never their strong suit but pressure finally forced their hand.

It's been 35 years. If he hasn't learned it by now....

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
It's been 35 years. If he hasn't learned it by now....

damn, look at the freaking hawks and their fan based.

now imagine the sox and a park of 30,000+ a game in total bedlam.... on a winning streak for the WS with at least 1 under their belt and competing for that 2nd one????

look at the attendance in 2006???? what was it????

the owners could have max out their expenses and they would have made a killing after smart investing with a smart FO.... bad, no least say horrible advise and those people are still in charge.

seriously. does that make sense????

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)

Mark

Uh, oh, you just joined "Team/Camp Balta."

Edited by caulfield12