There's a game tonight, right? Sox vs Cards

Heads22

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)
it just shows everyone that comes he sucks. Its the organization/coaches.

This is a big reality that most of us get but some people are failing to grasp.

When EVERY single player sucks how can you not see that this coaching staff/front office is a complete and utter joke.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 03:01 AM)
I've been a big LaRoche defender all year but the last month or so he's been absolutely brutal.

I wonder if he's had this batting stance his whole career. It seems a really ridiculous approach to hitting the baseball. With the defense putting all their defenders on the side of the field he hits the baseball, he's not going to get many hits besides ones over the fence.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 03:05 AM)
I wonder if he's had this batting stance his whole career. It seems a really ridiculous approach to hitting the baseball. With the defense putting all their defenders on the side of the field he hits the baseball, he's not going to get many hits besides ones over the fence.

Yep, same stance. He's always been someone that looks awful when he strikes out due to his stance/follow-through.

His bat speed has obviously diminished due to his age. There were some warning signs last year I believe, as I'm pretty sure he led the majors in most home runs that barely left the park (of course, Abreu was 2nd).

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)
This is a big reality that most of us get but some people are failing to grasp.

When EVERY single player sucks how can you not see that this coaching staff/front office is a complete and utter joke.

Sox management and coaches do not think they are a problem. Sad part they are a huge problem, players and other organizations see it clearly.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 10:09 PM)
How in God's name did Yadier Molina get a triple at USCF?

Avisail didn't contribute to it at all?

Well, that's five blown saves. Waiting for comparisons to Addison Reed with that stat...

The defensive positioning did which is probably the coaches fault. Robertson was throwing outside, why was Avi so far off the line and so far in? Who is in charge of positioning in the outfield?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 03:09 AM)
How in God's name did Yadier Molina get a triple at USCF?

Avisail didn't contribute to it at all?

Well, that's five blown saves. Waiting for comparisons to Addison Reed with that stat...

Just perfectly placed down the RF line. Nothing Avi could have done.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 03:10 AM)
How is Schuck not a better option at DH than LR at this point? I mean isn't it obvious this guy is struggling?

Screw it, let Micah Johnson DH. He'd bring much more to the table offensively than LaRoche right now. Would also get him some much needed experience while also allowing him to get some time in the field.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
Screw it, let Micah Johnson DH. He'd bring much more to the table offensively than LaRoche right now. Would also get him some much needed experience while also allowing him to get some time in the field.

And let him work with semi professional coaches. Him working with Sanchez could help too

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)

You're acting like he's the only left-handed hitter who gets this shift put on him. Not even close. Rizzo gets it too. So does Ortiz and a lot of other good left handed hitters. Changing their approach to hit the other way would likely take away more than it would give.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)

I would be OK with this, just keep him away from the field.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)

that makes too much sense.

and honestly, they forced to watch Dunn's futility for FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS, so why should this be any different?