There's a game tonight, right? Sox vs Cards

Heads22

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:17 AM)
Avi is still young though and hasn't had a full year in the majors. Give the man time and not just get rid of him, he isn't the problem with this team

Actually he's one of the biggest issues, as he has turned into a player that can't utilize any of his ability on the field

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see if Greg enlivens this thread. Seriously, when are some people going to join me on the Danks bandwagon?? The guy is a decent pitcher, folks. It's NOT his fault he has the huge contract. Every fricking night he pitches he gives it his all. He's actually becoming one of the bright spots on this gawdforsaken team. He's ripping nobody off! He battles. Five innings, no runs vs. St. Louis!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:19 PM)
Actually he's one of the biggest issues, as he has turned into a player that can't utilize any of his ability on the field

The thing is, we can't go right out and sell him either, because then he immediately comes off as a damaged good. If we try to move him (which I'm not against) it's unusual how we'd have to try and include him.

Also, Danks is now our best pitcher. Suck it, Soxtalk.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 01:23 AM)
The thing is, we can't go right out and sell him either, because then he immediately comes off as a damaged good. If we try to move him (which I'm not against) it's unusual how we'd have to try and include him.

Also, Danks is now our best pitcher. Suck it, Soxtalk.

Not damaged goods, just an underachiever that maybe another team thinks they can fix.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:24 PM)
Not damaged goods, just an underachiever that maybe another team thinks they can fix.

Probably a better way of putting it. It would still be odd form to sell someone that fits his general mold from someone in our position, though.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 01:27 AM)
I'd fine LaRoche for hitting into the shift on a 3-2 pitch, but that's just me. Hit it the other way and he's on base, baby.

Fact he had two strikes makes it no issue, as he's just trying to make contact

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
I'd fine LaRoche for hitting into the shift on a 3-2 pitch, but that's just me. Hit it the other way and he's on base, baby.

I'm pretty sure if he thought he could do it, he would. He's not trying to be awful.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 01:27 AM)
Fact he had two strikes makes it no issue, as he's just trying to make contact

True, but why can't he steer it to the left side? Easy answer. He doesn't want to.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)

The bigger concern is that our scouting continues to identify these guys as valuable.

It took me about 3 games to realize I didn't think either Viciedo or Avi had much of a chance.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 01:28 AM)
I'm pretty sure if he thought he could do it, he would. He's not trying to be awful.

He's not trying to be lousy, I agree. However, there are ways to adjust your stance through work. He needs to remake his offensive approach now that his power has sagged.

I didn't realize Avi stinks. I'm not being sarcastic. I trust you guys who have given up on him. It's a shame because he "looks" like a player, a hitter. Very sad if he's another Viciedo.

Speaking of Dayan ... how's he hitting in the minors? Is he making a decent comeback?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:29 AM)
The bigger concern is that our scouting continues to identify these guys as valuable.

It took me about 3 games to realize I didn't think either Viciedo or Avi had much of a chance.

The scouts for professional players have made way too many mistakes the last 7 years or so.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:32 PM)
Speaking of Dayan ... how's he hitting in the minors? Is he making a decent comeback?

Not good. He's hitting .214/.277/.330/.607 so far over 100+ PA in the PCL, a notorious hitter's league.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:33 PM)
How come you guys don't root for Danks like I do? Not trying to be a dick, just wondering. He seems to be a likeable guy to me. And I can GUARANTEE you he leaves it all on the field.

I root for all of them. I don't think people have a lot of faith that he'll ever be what he was before the injury. That being said, he has shown some flashes this year of being serviceable, with his performance being a lot more acceptable if he was being paid like a fifth starter.

Sanchez now hitting .202. Wouldn't mind seeing how he played SS if we move Alexei, and call up Micah.