There's a game tonight, right? Sox vs Cards

Heads22

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
I root for all of them. I don't think people have a lot of faith that he'll ever be what he was before the injury. That being said, he has shown some flashes this year of being serviceable, with his performance being a lot more acceptable if he was being paid like a fifth starter.

Sanchez now hitting .202. Wouldn't mind seeing how he played SS if we move Alexei, and call up Micah.

Both Saladino and Sanchez can play SS and 3b. I'm game for playing both of them at those 2 spots for a while.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)
The scouts for professional players have made way too many mistakes the last 7 years or so.

The funny thing is, it's early, but Saladino has by FAR shown the most professional at bats out of anyone we've called up in quite a while.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:34 PM)
At least Viciedo hit for power, Avi doesn't do anything well.

Viciedo's lifetime ISO is under .150. He "hit for power" about as well as Avi "hits for average".

If that's your strong suit and you suck at everything else, you better do it at an elite level.

The thing that gives me a shred of hope for Avi is that he doesn't really strike out all that much. If he can ever start elevating he will be fine. Perhaps if he starts trying to elevate it will result in more K's but that remains to be seen.

Get a new hitting coach in here, make next year Avi's make or break year.

Danks the last 2 years always seems to show up against good teams.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
The funny thing is, it's early, but Saladino has by FAR shown the most professional at bats out of anyone we've called up in quite a while.

I agree years for a Sox hitter.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
The thing that gives me a shred of hope for Avi is that he doesn't really strike out all that much. If he can ever start elevating he will be fine. Perhaps if he starts trying to elevate it will result in more K's but that remains to be seen.

Get a new hitting coach in here, make next year Avi's make or break year.

Danks the last 2 years always seems to show up against good teams.

Ha, Avi could use "lift and pull".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)
Josh Phegley hammered the ball for his first 2 weeks and then fell off a cliff.

Would you agree that Tyler's batting style is probably more sustainable for a nice average than Phegley? Just based on the eye test if nothing else?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:47 AM)
Would you agree that Tyler's batting style is probably more sustainable for a nice average than Phegley? Just based on the eye test if nothing else?

No idea, but Phegley had superior minor league numbers

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 01:47 AM)

Didn't like that at bat, but overall the eye test is very positive. He looks relaxed both offensively and defensively. I wish he'd shot one between first and second there.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)

I believed Phegley's power was more legit and there was no "high babip" or any giveaway like that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
I believed Phegley's power was more legit and there was no "high babip" or any giveaway like that.

I guess it's as simple as I've liked what I watched in their at bats more out of Tyler than I did out of Josh, or most of our guys, really.

Nice hit by Melky and running by Saladino.

This is where you guys need to blame Robin if something happens bad to Danks in the 7th. Danks has already done his job. He's still rebuilding his career after the injury. If this was the Royals they'd be thrilled with the 6 innings and give him a shower. Robin should get somebody up. He really should. IF Danks looks shaky after TWO batters in the 7th, yank him. He's already done a helluva job.

What happens sometimes is he'll get rocked in the 7th and you guys will act like Danks had a s*** outing. It's all on Robin the rest of ths game regarding Danks. You got six stellar innings from him. You may get more but if you don't, bail the guy out for gosh sakes.

DANKS!