7/25 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
Wait, Charlotte's listed as Marin? 3 hours ago I looked at that and it said Johnson. Wish I'd captured a screengrab.

Sure seems like they're skipping Johnson, presumably so that he's able to pitch in the big leagues in 3 days.

It sure does seem that way.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
It sure does seem that way.

Ranger Rongey interviewed Dan Hayes from CSN on the Score, and Hayes confirmed that the Sox want to synchronize Erik Johnson's starts with Samardzija's just in case the Sox pull off THE TRADE.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
I can buy EJ being scratched in case the big club needs him, but scratching Montas for the AAA team seems a little less likely to me. At the minor league level they can always have a bullpen day.

Something seems to be going on.

I agree with this. No need to scratch Montas because you skipped a AAA starter's start.

Honestly, could see Montas being included in a Shark trade to improve the return.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
I agree with this. No need to scratch Montas because you skipped a AAA starter's start.

Honestly, could see Montas being included in a Shark trade to improve the return.

Interesting idea to cash in on Montas now. I dunno if that's maximizing his value at this time. I mean the dude's name is almost Mantis and he throws 101. Let's make sure we get this one right.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 02:50 AM)
Just to add to speculation. I wonder if Micah Johnson would be used as part of a package in a trade for a 3B, SS or C.

a very interesting thought there.

with how sanchez been hitting since the asg and he provides very good defense..... i can see micah as an extra valuable asset.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 07:00 PM)
Another player on #HugWatch is Tony Kemp, the 2B prospect for the Astros.

Luhnow just said there got another deal in the works right now and many believe they still want another pitcher. Montas and Putnam for Kemp +?

Since when did Tony Kemp, all 5-6 of him (reported), become some elite prospect, such that trading one of our top prospects for him is insufficient?

Pass on Kemp. I'll take Micah and Anderson.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
Just to add to speculation. I wonder if Micah Johnson would be used as part of a package in a trade for a 3B, SS or C.

they can always do something like that; I hope not, as Williams and Lauman's eye for veteran talent is particularly poor. I do hope they try to stay under 28 if they must do it.

But I'd also like to see Alexei moved and Micah back up.

Wouldn't surprise me if they trade Micah. Thought that would happen when they sent him down.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 10:30 PM)
a very interesting thought there.

with how sanchez been hitting since the asg and he provides very good defense..... i can see micah as an extra valuable asset.

Exactly. The Dodgers could have interest in Micah since Kendrick is a FA after the playoffs end. I'm sure the Sox would have interest in Barnes.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 04:55 AM)
Exactly. The Dodgers could have interest in Micah since Kendrick is a FA after the playoffs end. I'm sure the Sox would have interest in Barnes.

at this stage...... i personally believe is the the team and org has holes. some of the ready prospects in the minors that needs to be moved should be moved, to help in trade pieces. they are all not going to play for the parent club. so use them as pieces to sweeten the plg to help make the trade.

Edited by LDF