The Teams in Front of us in the Wild Card

soxfan85

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 03:06 AM)
I assume Tampa, Baltimore, and Toronto have a lot of games left against each other. Unless they split them all evenly , somebody has to win a majority of those, which doesn't help.

You could say the same about us, Detoit and Minnesota.....

We'll see what happens.

This team has the potential to pull it out of the bag, whether it will, we'll see..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a buzzkill, but if this is the Sox team I've been following all year .. they know when we get excited. They know when we have favorable pitching matchups. I am fully expecting a sweep by Boston just so we can go back to being miserable again.

Prove me wrong White Sox!

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 07:51 AM)
Not to be a buzzkill, but if this is the Sox team I've been following all year .. they know when we get excited. They know when we have favorable pitching matchups. I am fully expecting a sweep by Boston just so we can go back to being miserable again.

Prove me wrong White Sox!

Touche, but this game tonight has me about as excited for a game as I've been since the last game of the Cubs series. And that was the last game I was super excited about for awhile...so they've sucked me back in for now. Sweep Boston (or even 3/4) and I'll be bouncing around.

If the Sox are truly back in the Wildcard race, it just proves how pointlessly long the season is, and how utterly meaningless any games before July are. Unless you play like the Phillies, you're never out of the race and no conclusions can be drawn for any pre-July stretch of baseball. I like the 2nd Wildcard, but it does make the 162-game season laughable.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
If the Sox are truly back in the Wildcard race, it just proves how pointlessly long the season is, and how utterly meaningless any games before July are. Unless you play like the Phillies, you're never out of the race and no conclusions can be drawn for any pre-July stretch of baseball. I like the 2nd Wildcard, but it does make the 162-game season laughable.

On one hand, I hate that the regular season could come down to playing a 1 game wildcard after 162 games, but, on the other, it does add excitement to the season.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)
On one hand, I hate that the regular season could come down to playing a 1 game wildcard after 162 games, but, on the other, it does add excitement to the season.

I like it because it makes winning your division that much more valuable.