7/26 Sox @ Indians 12:10 CT

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
It would be nice to free up some of his contract for next year

What do we have to gain ? Even bouncing back means Robin continues playing him against lefties when he shouldn't. He won't walk anymore because he can't hit anything now. He's late on everything . When he pulls it it's into a shift. Only thing that might help slightly is a HR once a week and I can't see that kind of bounce back coming.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)
Oh I'm not expecting a great return. I'm hoping for a trade with LA or TOR. We can't expect a great return on a rental. What I'm hoping is we hold onto Shark and pressure is on late.

Shark won't be traded one for whatever . If he goes to the Jays he'll be sent there with a RP or maybe even an exchange of minor leaguers too.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 01:35 PM)
oh he just praises flowers for his handling of pitchers to take attention off his absolute worthlessness at the plate

Lol that's his job. He's not going to say, "thanks for sucking a big fat mule cock at the plate today Flowers."

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 12:35 PM)
What do we have to gain ? Even bouncing back means Robin continues playing him against lefties when he shouldn't. He won't walk anymore because he can't hit anything now. He's late on everything . When he pulls it it's into a shift. Only thing that might help slightly is a HR once a week and I can't see that kind of bounce back coming.

Well he's been quite a solid run producer for the last several years.

I'm seeing the same thing as you, and I'd cut bait if there was any kind of upside to doing so. But there just isn't. There is no real alternative. There is no significant salary relief to be had.

We need to put him in the best position to succeed and get him out of this funk.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 08:35 PM)
oh he just praises flowers for his handling of pitchers to take attention off his absolute worthlessness at the plate

I'm amazed at the Flowers hatred on the board. How many catchers can hit in baseball? Tyler is OK, nothing special but OK.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 01:41 PM)
Yeah I know, just responded to the question. He had been pretty damn good the last 15 or so games before that. He will bounce back

Oh I know I was just speaking in general. Not calling you out or anything.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
I think we've got more to gain by LaRoche somehow bouncing back from this than we do by dumping him.

Like Fathom said, it is critical salary relief. He's not worth Francouer money now. Get rid of him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 12:40 PM)
I'm amazed at the Flowers hatred on the board. How many catchers can hit in baseball? Tyler is OK, nothing special but OK.

he's not even remotely close to ok. And he's not even average behind the plate. His lateral movement is some of the slowest I've seen.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
I want to sweep this series, but it probably will kill all trade talk. What a weird baseball team the Sox have.

No it won't. They need to take 4 from Boston too though. 8 straight wins would get them to 50-50. Then they'd still need to go 35-27 to win 85 games. Just such a big hole.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
Like Fathom said, it is critical salary relief. He's not worth Francouer money now. Get rid of him.

You're not going to get much salary relief Greg. Everyone is seeing the same guy as we are right now.