Buying and Selling?

Dunt

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:40 AM)
I know everyone is hesitant to add NL players, but I would absolutely love to see the Sox add Carlos Gomez. Add his bat along with his defense to this team and all of the sudden, this team looks a lot more dangerous. This isn't a move I expect this front office to explore, but it's one I would seriously consider. If you could put together a package that didnt include Anderson, I say you do it.

I certainly wouldn't trade top prospects for a year and a half of Carlos Gomez. He's not having a particularly good year, but I doubt there's a discount. Without a discount, that's poor value. Moves like that put this team in the hole. This would be another of the same.

At this point, the Sox probably should do nothing except dump Bonifacio and bring up Micah for the bench and as a bat. Yea, you lose 6 weeks of Micah working on his D, but that's better than losing him permanently for someone's hero.

Edited by GreenSox

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
They have been making these plans for over a decade. It didn't just show up this summer. Again, that shows you don't understand what is going on, nor the history behind it.

Yes, Professor, I have no ability to understand the concept of forecasting. Way beyond me. What's not beyond me is the ability to call out the so-called "3 year plan" being used as a way by Williams to explain away the massive underachieving of the ballclub last month. Again, if you understood what was really going on, it would be very obvious.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 11:23 AM)
Yes, Professor, I have no ability to understand the concept of forecasting. Way beyond me. What's not beyond me is the ability to call out the so-called "3 year plan" being used as a way by Williams to explain away the massive underachieving of the ballclub last month. Again, if you understood what was really going on, it would be very obvious.

It translated very simply. We are not panicking. If you didn't get that out of it, you didn't understand it.