7/27 White Sox @ Red Sox 6:05 CT

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
I just replied to him on Twitter with that. Fine you can live with crap offense. But now that it matters how do you feel? He swung through a fastball down the middle of the plate. With 2 men on.

Settle down. Sox not only team with a poor catcher.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
Flowers is a career backup catcher at best.

I dont get the excuses made for him. I believe he's struck out 70+ times and only walked 9. How is that good? His swing is so horrid he should really just stand there and take pitches.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:10 PM)
Settle down. Sox not only team with a poor catcher.

Right there's only 38 catchers statistically better than Flowers. Plus one on our own team. But who's counting?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:11 PM)
I dont get the excuses made for him. I believe he's struck out 70+ times and only walked 9. How is that good? His swing is so horrid he should really just stand there and take pitches.

Same group of brilliant minds in Sox management that say Avi is a 30/30 guy.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 01:11 AM)

It's amazing how poorly is walk numbers in the minors have translated to the majors

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 09:12 PM)
It's amazing how poorly is walk numbers in the minors have translated to the majors

I have to think that by now everything about his approach has changed, mentally and physically

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:11 PM)

It's because someone here mentioned we were middle of the pack production wise at catcher and some people just assumed that meant Flowers was ok this year despite Soto providing the entirety of the value.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
Dan Hayes doesn't get paid to provide biting commentary on the White Sox, cut the guy some slack for Christ's sake

He quite literally is drawing a paycheck from the White Sox. He isn't going to say anything that the team doesn't want him to say.

Sometimes I wish I could have as good luck as Tyler Flowers and John Danks. To think that regardless how bad they play the continue to get starts and make ungodly amounts of money to play a game? Man, those are some lucky mother duckers

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
Dan Hayes doesn't get paid to provide biting commentary on the White Sox, cut the guy some slack for Christ's sake

He's just keeping this conspiracy where everyone must make excuses for Flowers man! I need to call him out on Twitter!