7/28 White Sox @ Red Sox 6:10 CT

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:50 AM)
The ironic thing is if they trade Samardzija tomorrow afternoon, a lot of us will be disappointed now

Yes, at this point you'd have to be disappointed. Because somehow the team has earned the right to play an entire season with this group. Yeah, it'll probably all fall apart again, but there's no reason to give up now. Trading Shark now would definitely be bad and I NEVER thought I'd say that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
I'm really not sure Robin thinks about stuff like that.

Yeah that's a little silly. He manages. Let the front office worry about where he's playing next.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 2m2 minutes ago

If the White Sox were seriously considering trading Jeff Samardzija, would they have him pitch the 9th in a 9-2 game? Just wondering.

His pitch count was also fine for starting the 9th.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
Same deal if they lose 7 of 10 in August this team is beating bad teams. KC and Stl whipped the Sox last week.

They didn't really whip us. We could have easily split those 6 games. We also swept Stl not that long ago on the road.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
Same deal if they lose 7 of 10 in August this team is beating bad teams. KC and Stl whipped the Sox last week.

They didn't whip the Sox. The Sox were 2 feet away from splitting with KC and they split the season series with STL so stop that crap.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:57 AM)
His pitch count was also fine for starting the 9th.

Reminds me when sox talk (especially me) melted down when Peavy got left in the game an extra inning for what ended up being his last start before he got traded. He gave up a home run, and we went nuts.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
And what happens if they win their next 4 games after today and then E. Johnson starts (cause Samardzija's traded) and gives up 8 runs?

This team was built to win this year, and they're playing their best ball of the season. Might as well see how it goes.

Sort of surprised to see this from you to be honest. But I agree. Particularly if the return is the same for Kazmir.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
They didn't really whip us. We could have easily split those 6 games. We also swept Stl not that long ago on the road.

2 game sweep lets get to .500 before we start praising playoff chances.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
They didn't whip the Sox. The Sox were 2 feet away from splitting with KC and they split the season series with STL so stop that crap.

We've actually got a pretty decent record against teams over .500 anyways, don't we?