7/28 White Sox @ Red Sox 6:10 CT

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
We are 6th to last place in the AL, have a negative 58 run differential, and will be at/under .500 when it hits August. These are all facts. Ok ok, I want to contend as much as anyone, but is this winning streak messing with our judgment here?

That run differential means jack s*** though. Our position players played historically bad over the first few months, with almost every single guy performing well below expectations. Guys like Melky, Eaton, Alexei, & even Sanchez are now playing like they're capable of. This is a different team than the one we saw earlier this year and therefore our YTD run differential down to really mean much going forward.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
Can't you just enjoy a dominating winning streak.

Responses were to trading Jeff and playoff chances nothing about win streak. Nice to win but a month too late.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 1m1 minute ago

The 45 runs by the #WhiteSox in the last six games represents 12.7 percent of their season total (355).

That is a huge %

The Big D ‏@Life_In_The_D 3m3 minutes ago

Tigers are now worse than the Chicago White Sox. I didn't think it would ever get this low. Talk about a horrible season of baseball. Ugh.

Matthew B. Mowery ‏@matthewbmowery 4m4 minutes ago

White Sox beat Boston (yeah, I know, right?) 9-4, and pass the #Tigers for third place in the Central.

Yes, the #Tigers are in FOURTH.

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:06 AM)
Yes this team has 5% chance at best at making the playoffs sub .500 on July 28th.

What are the odds of the other contenders?? We're four games out of the WC with a s***ton of games left. I may not be a believer, but facts are facts. The Sox are in this and for better or worse should ride out the season and not sell anymore.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:07 AM)
Can't you just enjoy a dominating winning streak.

Yes. I'm prepared to eat a lot of words about what I deemed a hopeless, horses*** team (if we keep doing well).

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:08 AM)
48-50, 4 back in the WC

Unfricking believable. Dick Allen is looking good now for his unwavering support of Robin.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:09 AM)
Responses were to trading Jeff and playoff chances nothing about win streak. Nice to win but a month too late.

WHy a month late? We might start sucking again, but the facts say the Sox are four games back in the WC.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:11 AM)
LaRoche is probably coming in tomorrow.

That's OK. Maybe this will wake him up. They're not going to release him. BTW Melky is so hot it's hard to believe.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:13 AM)
That would be dumb as hell with the way this team is hitting.

Don't fix what ain't broke.

He has to play. He's being paid a ton and is on the team. They won't just release him.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
Yes we're beating bad teams but also kicking the s*** out of them.

Who gives a s*** if it's bad teams. We couldn't hit against anyone, and we beat some good pitchers in Cleveland so who gives a damn.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:13 PM)
That would be dumb as hell with the way this team is hitting.

Don't fix what ain't broke.

Um do you think I want him back in? I was just pointing out that it's been 2 games already.