7/28 White Sox @ Red Sox 6:10 CT

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:15 PM)
It is why you, I and others said you had to stay patient with him. Their was a history of success their and the eye test didn't see any noticeable fall-out in terms of his skills. He is regressing back to the mean (in this case, a very good thing). I presume we'd see the same with LaRoche (with slight decline due to normal aging), however, that might be impacted by his health as I think he's hurting.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/pos.../OPS/order/true

Other than Hanley Ramirez (due to defense), Byrd and Cuddyer, he's still near the bottom...but obviously he's been a lot better recently.

To be effective for the White Sox, he needs to put up a 750-775ish OPS.

He's also one of the four guys still slugging under 400. Let's just say we're elated he's not a complete disaster and we can be fairly confident in him being better in 2016 and certainly don't need to worry about replacing that position as well...providing us at least three certainties in the line-up next year (along with Abreu and Eaton).

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
Bonifacio is the DH tonight. They can pinch hit for him in his next appearance but I think the pitcher takes that spot afterward.

No. Whoever hits in that spot is the DH, but if they take the field, then the pitcher is hitting.

Phillies have tied the Blue Jays 2-2, still batting in the top of the 5th. And the Phillies take the lead now, 3-2.

Will there be a Tulo appearance later in the game? Did he make it to Toronto yet?

Whoever's starting for the Cubs, he just gave up 4 in the first inning.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 07:27 PM)
What you want for Shark?

This is a win-win. If we hold on here, and the Phillies win, then we're only 0.5 GB of Toronto. At that point if we're giving them Shark they better pay out the ass for him.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:26 PM)
Would really be nice to have a base stealer on this team.

We have one in the dugout, does that count?

Doesn't seem Vincent Van Gogh has had the positive impact KW envisioned...although he has made Avisail an aggressive albeit ineffective basestealer. It would be nice if Eaton had Avi's attitude in that regard.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)
We have one in the dugout, does that count?

Doesn't seem Vincent Van Gogh has had the positive impact KW envisioned...although he has made Avisail an aggressive albeit ineffective basestealer. It would be nice if Eaton had Avi's attitude in that regard.

Vincent Van Gogh :lolhitting