Cargo

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 03:35 PM)
I'd be happy to give up Spencer Adams for CarGo, quite honestly.

I realize he's still kind of a lottery ticket, but nothing about "aging, oft-injured outfielder from hitters park in NL" screams "This will work out for white sox!"

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 02:29 PM)
I realize he's still kind of a lottery ticket, but nothing about "aging, oft-injured outfielder from hitters park in NL" screams "This will work out for white sox!"

Well, first of all, he's only 29. His age, over the life of his contract, really means nothing to us.

Our park is really a hitters park as well; while it should be expected that there will be some drop off from his Coors numbers, it's not as if he's moving from Coors to Minneapolis.

While he does battle injuries often, he's also been a 3-5 WAR player in the recent past, and is performing like one at the moment.

Again, yes, he has warts. But if you want to add a bat an impact bat, there aren't many better options without moving a piece like Q.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
The avi thing works. But maybe we should target a better player. Cargo is good but maybe somebody a little sturdier and fleet of foot. I don't really think either Cargo is the perfect player.

The perfect player is going to cost a f***ton of talent, CarGo's cost may be manageable because of his salary and history of health issues.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:36 PM)
The perfect player is going to cost a f***ton of talent, CarGo's cost may be manageable because of his salary and history of health issues.

That's why I'm intrigued by him if we don't go bold with Puig.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
Why in the world do you think CarGo is going to cost a boatload of prospects?

Exactly. That's why I've been beating the drum. Not with his contract and injury history. Plus he's hot right now. They'll want to move him now while the iron is hot after they moved Tulo.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:46 PM)
Exactly. That's why I've been beating the drum. Not with his contract and injury history. Plus he's hot right now. They'll want to move him now while the iron is hot after they moved Tulo.

The problem is...they very likely could have moved him several times over the past few years if they were just looking to get out from under his contract, and so far they've passed on those opportunities. They've been waiting for someone to offer them something decent in return for him, so they actually need to change that concept.

Plus that's still a ton of money for the White Sox to take on. If you want the Rockies to take Danks back, then you need to include something to motivate them to do so.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)

100% agree. CarGo has some red flags, which is why he shouldn't cost a ton of talent to acquire. I think he's a gamble worth taking.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
The problem is...they very likely could have moved him several times over the past few years if they were just looking to get out from under his contract, and so far they've passed on those opportunities. They've been waiting for someone to offer them something decent in return for him, so they actually need to change that concept.

Plus that's still a ton of money for the White Sox to take on. If you want the Rockies to take Danks back, then you need to include something to motivate them to do so.

They did take back Reyes, so they're willing to do that. Maybe CarGo for Danks, Avi and someone else

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 05:38 PM)
Is Cargo a plus defender? It would be nice to improve the D and the bat at the same time so I think I'm more into what somebody else said: the other Cargo

YES

Cargo could be the bargain of the year, right now. Rockies only interested in pitching and salary relief. One solid prospect would/could do it IMO. Face it, Adams might have more value now than next year at this time. Stick Cargo anywhere in the outfield and it is a better team. Avi can DH. Put LaRoach on the DL, whatever.

And keep Shark.

Edited by oldsox

Adams may be the top pitching prospect in the system. He's not going to be used in a trade for Cargo. Tyler Danish is a more likely, and reasonable, price to pay. Danish, Thompson, and a low level guy would be a good offer.

Also, I don't get why people are so hot to trade a 24 year old Avisail Garcia who is completing his first full year in MLB. He's the kind of player you keep.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 05:34 AM)
Adams may be the top pitching prospect in the system. He's not going to be used in a trade for Cargo. Tyler Danish is a more likely, and reasonable, price to pay. Danish, Thompson, and a low level guy would be a good offer.

Also, I don't get why people are so hot to trade a 24 year old Avisail Garcia who is completing his first full year in MLB. He's the kind of player you keep.

You're probably right. I'm not really sure who Sox value more, Adams or Danish. It might not take either one. Maybe one or two lower ranked pitching prospects at either Kanny or W-S would do it. Again, Rockies want salary relief and young pitching prospects.

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:39 PM)

A)just going by what people suggest to pay hereon; and b)when have the Sox NOT paid a boatload of prospects for a player like that?

Re the merits of getting Cargo a)Lemon is right about Adams; b)Coors field c)30 years old

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:34 AM)

I fully agree with this.

Too many on here are wanting to sell our future for either overpriced veterans or short term rentals.

Any deal we make should not if possible include Adams, Fulmer, Montas or Anderson.

We are finally building the farm up and people on here want to Kenny WIlliams it away for a player like Cargo.

No thanks.

We have no need to go for it at the moment unless its to get someone in that would cost us someone like Adam Engel or Leury Garcia.

We definitely should not be including Avi for Cargo who is an overpaid player who is oft injured. No thanks.

Look at the deals that the Angels have made. Low end prospects for under the radar outfielders who can fulfil a role on the team.

We should be looking at the same or standing pat. We have a month to get it together and make a proper run at the Wild Card before the 25 man is expanded to 40 man.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)

He will if the Sox ask for a lot of cash. I do think CarGo might be the most likely candidate. Say Cargo and some cash for LaRoche and prospect.