Official Buyers Thread

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 11:26 AM)
He exclusively catches Samardzija, so Flowers misses some of that, and they get the same relievers. Extra strikes lead to extra outs. Dimiss it all you want, but apparently the people who make the decisions believe in it.

What people who make the decisions. The Pirates ? There you go being vague again just throwing s*** at the wall like a caged monkey.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
What people who make the decisions. The Pirates ? There you go being vague again just throwing s*** at the wall like a caged monkey.

He means that Flowers is on the roster. Many people wonder why, but there's your reason. Framing.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
Josh Reddick is another guy who is absolutely atrocious against lefty pitching. He is a platoon hitter .

He's also having a career year.

Whether he can repeat it is far from a sure thing.

Lawrie - well he would add to the team's tat collection.

Revere is Shuck

Pitch framing is absolutely a legitimate skill.

Revere's got a very good WAR number this year because of his stellar defensive numbers.

He was basically Shuck when he left the Twins, but he's a MUCH better player than that now. Worth the demand price, probably not...the only reason to acquire him is to improve the defense in the outfield over Avi and give those DH AB's against lefties to him (Garcia).

In the "defense never slumps" way of thinking, it's not the worst under the radar move possible out there.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)

Who is being vague? The people who make the decisions are the people who put together the White Sox roster, pay the players, and determine who plays.

I like Geo Soto, but he's one bad week away from being this must play player to a guy who needs to be DFA'd. It already happened once this year with him. He had some hits, hit a homer, he had to play. He did play, struck out a few times, threw one or 2 into CF, and it was OMG he is so terrible. There is a reason with catching so scarce, Geo Soto was available for a minor league contract.

I don't know about Ben Revere. If we're going to make a trade, it should be to address a need. He's basically another Adam Eaton, from a performance point of view. Good defense and speedy lead-off guy. Yes, Eaton's numbers are down, but since April, he's been back to 2014 form + power.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
I can see us acquiring Adam Lind. Now that the Cardinals are out of the running for him, our chances are better. He'd be a great LaRoche replacement, and the price won't be too high.

As bad as he's been, I still can't see the Sox out-and-out replacing LaRoche. Just doesn't seem like something they would do. IMO, LaRoche is going to play. The only "LaRoche demotion-like" thing I could see the Sox doing is getting a better hitter in the OF that would reduce LaRoche's role to more of a platoon player (if Avi is not part of any trade).

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 11:39 AM)
Who is being vague? The people who make the decisions are the people who put together the White Sox roster, pay the players, and determine who plays.

I like Geo Soto, but he's one bad week away from being this must play player to a guy who needs to be DFA'd. It already happened once this year with him. He had some hits, hit a homer, he had to play. He did play, struck out a few times, threw one or 2 into CF, and it was OMG he is so terrible. There is a reason with catching so scarce, Geo Soto was available for a minor league contract.

Show me one article that quote Rick Hahn as saying pitch framing is/was instrumental in Flowers getting so much playing time.

A Brett Lawrie and Josh Reddick deal makes sense for the Sox. Both could be long term fixtures to this team as Reddick will turn 29 next year and Lawrie will turn 26 next year. Reddick controlled for one more year after this, and Lawrie 2 years after this.

Would a Avi, Davidson, Micah Johnson, and Montas for Reddick and Lawrie deal make sense?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
A Brett Lawrie and Josh Reddick deal makes sense for the Sox. Both could be long term fixtures to this team as Reddick will turn 29 next year and Lawrie will turn 26 next year. Reddick controlled for one more year after this, and Lawrie 2 years after this.

Would a Avi, Davidson, Micah Johnson, and Montas for Reddick and Lawrie deal make sense?

Ehhh...probably not enough.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
Todd Frazier isn't in the Reds lineup tonight, so I assume he'll be playing for the WSox tomorrow.

Frazier and Homer Bailey for Jermaine Dye and Micah Johnson and Frank Montas and Tim Anderson and Spencer Adams and Tyler Saladino and Courtney Hawkins.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
Todd Frazier isn't in the Reds lineup tonight, so I assume he'll be playing for the WSox tomorrow.

He is a guy I'd be willing to trade Anderson for. Controlled through 2017. I bet they'd want Q tho.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
There's no denying that Frazier would be magnificent for his performance and contract, but the price would likely be very, very high.

Considering he has a $4.5 million deal this year, $7.5 million next, and still more control after that, yes.