Official Buyers Thread

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
Hahn has been very quiet. Has he said anything about the Sox looking to add? All I've heard is speculation from fans and media.

I don't remember the last time we heard a peep from Hahn or the FO. Only Hayes has had said anything out of the beat writers. It's weird, I know probably cause we just became "buyers" like you all have said. It's just a complete change from deadlines previous. It's almost too weird it's been really so quiet, like nothing this week besides they would wait for the bo sox series to determine the direction.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
I really don't know much about Frazier don't really follow the national league. Has he had a good few years or really grown in popularity after this year winning the Derby etc?

Frazier has been good for a few years now. Really has come into his own this year though.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
Show me one article that quote Rick Hahn as saying pitch framing is/was instrumental in Flowers getting so much playing time.

Show me the article that quotes anyone from the White Sox saying they play Flowers for the sole purpose of pissing you off, which seems to be why you think he plays. He ranks very high in pitch framing which is a skill whether you want to believe it or not. Every game you watch, balls are calls strikes, strikes are called balls. They also like the way he handles the staff. I'm sure they can't stand how he hits any more than any of us can, and I'm sure they wish he was a bit better at throwing down to 2B. Use some logic man.

Read BIG DATA BASEBALL if you want a more detailed and nuanced explanation of pitch framing and why the Pirates believe it's so important.

You can probably also search online and find some articles written by Pitt beat writers about why they targeted Russell Martin and Cervelli, since that was the main reason in the case of both guys...

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
I don't remember the last time we heard a peep from Hahn or the FO. Only Hayes has had said anything out of the beat writers. It's weird, I know probably cause we just became "buyers" like you all have said. It's just a complete change from deadlines previous. It's almost too weird it's been really so quiet, like nothing this week besides they would wait for the bo sox series to determine the direction.

I'm imagining some assistants scrambling to put together a Buyers Board and stuffing the Sellers Board in a closet. And if this was KW we'd have already traded Adams for Ichiro.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
Read BIG DATA BASEBALL if you want a more detailed and nuanced explanation of pitch framing and why the Pirates believe it's so important.

You can probably also search online and find some articles written by Pitt beat writers about why they targeted Russell Martin and Cervelli, since that was the main reason in the case of both guys...

And now, Cervelli is this big-time hitter too. Crazy how that worked out for them. Although it may be the roids

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)

That book is fantastic, just finished it

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 07:09 PM)
White Sox Remain Confused on Whether to Buy or Sell

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/...-a-bit-confused

what a bunch of fucccking idiots..... i would imagine someone in the FO should know it is too fuccking late to do anything now. most of the teams who could have give a nice pkg of prospects has filled up their cubbard.

what a screw up ....

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
White Sox Remain Confused on Whether to Buy or Sell

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/...-a-bit-confused

Since its all speculation, who would you peg as in Camp Buy or Camp Sell? Speculating on that possibility I would bet that Hahn sees this an offensive outburst, an anomaly in the season and would lean toward selling. KW would be all in, on the other hand.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
The only one confused is Padilla. He has nothing to throw out there in terms of info, so naturally, the conclusion is the White Sox don't know whether to buy or sell.

you may be right.... oh well i needed to rant a little.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
Since its all speculation, who would you peg as in Camp Buy or Camp Sell? Speculating on that possibility I would bet that Hahn sees this an offensive outburst, an anomaly in the season and would lean toward selling. KW would be all in, on the other hand.

yeah and the sox are siding with kw

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:16 PM)

Except the story was that he wanted to sell on Samardzija and reboot/retool about 4-6 weeks ago, before there was any evidence whatsoever of the team coming together, basically the 9-3 run before the All-Star break, and the current winning streak...

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
LOL you were just waiting for something to blow up on.

:lol:

well you are prob right.

every since ir was said that the sox were going to it.

bastards..... can't they see the trees..... errr.....

In my experience with the ESPN guys both baseball & football, none of them really have any sets of sources except for 2nd hand stuff they get from someone who knows someone.

Padilla is an ass on top of it.

Michael C Wright (former Bears ESPN writer) was the same way. Zero sources, a prick to most & never contributed dick. This article was just to fill his quota & to get a paycheck, nothing more.