Wild Card Watch 2015

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
Anytime you miss the playoffs it's a failure. It doesn't matter what team you are. This will be the 7th straight season this team has missed the playoffs. This will be the 4th straight under the KW/Hahn/Robin regime. No worries their jobs are safe though... Just to think... If they would have just undergone a true rebuild plan in three of those 7 seasons, how much better off they'd be in. Just keep "retooling" Rick and Kenny, it's working out greeeeeatt!

you know, many posters have said that the sox should have rebuild before now. now this is not against you but i would like to point out one things.

if the rebuild did happen before, the sox may have have acquire Jose A .... if the sox had a better record in 2010, would the sox have been able to select Sale? how bout the other positive things that happen even now, could that have happen.

bottom line it is what it is. that is why i have ranted on the performances of the FO, and they are still going to make no changes.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (spiderman @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
I doubt 18-9 would even be good enough. It may have to be 22-5 to have a shot and we know this team is much more likely to go 13-14, etc. in that stretch.

This team would end up going 15-5 and put themselve in position for the last Wild card, then go 0-7 over the last week.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 07:52 AM)
with the idea of last place, in what, division, league or the whole of baseball.

They have zero chance at last place in all of baseball, the White Sox are about 14 1/2 games ahead of the Phillies right now. We're 6 games ahead of the Athletics for worst in the AL, so we have very little chance of falling that far back either. We're 1 game ahead of the Tigers for last in the Central divison.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)
They have zero chance at last place in all of baseball, the White Sox are about 14 1/2 games ahead of the Phillies right now. We're 6 games ahead of the Athletics for worst in the AL, so we have very little chance of falling that far back either. We're 1 game ahead of the Tigers for last in the Central divison.

pretty much what i thought.

but overall in the idea of how they do, well, and i hate to say this, it will be what it is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)

We're definitely the worst team. I think last is ours.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
only if the sox shut down sale, Q, Jose A and maybe eaton.

an arm injury to a pitcher or a blown knee to a any of the other i mention, kiss 2016 away.

Trying to plan against injury doesn't make sense and does not always work. Sale missed the beginning of the season because he was moving. Should they put him in bubble wrap in October and break him out in February.

It's foolish thinking. They try this in the NFL.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 06:17 AM)
Trying to plan against injury doesn't make sense and does not always work. Sale missed the beginning of the season because he was moving. Should they put him in bubble wrap in October and break him out in February.

It's foolish thinking. They try this in the NFL.

last season, the team and sale had a real scare, especially but over pitching in a game. this season or should i say in spring training, as you said, he got hurt. bottom line why increase the odds of in injury.

if a person, with all the necessary chances of getting injured, someone does, then that is the way it is. but at the same time don't help it by having key players play for what????