Confirmed three-way trade

GGajewski18

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else find it ironic that Miami gave the Dodgers a competitive balance pick as well?

Would have been interesting to see what they would have given up for Samardzija. Comp balance pick plus a pitching prospect? The next 6 series against at .500 or over teams will determine what we should have done this week.

So they have Crawford, Pederson, Puig, Either, Van Slyke, and now Morse? Gotta figure one of Crawford and Ethier wouldn't be moved (maybe both? ) due to contract, Pederson due to talent, I think they are pretty high on Van Slyke as well. Guess Morse could be traded or released like someone else suggested or Puig gets traded for another pitcher/prospects.

Edited by soxfan2014

The Marlins are a f***ing joke. The Dodgers are flexing their big market muscles and just buying picks. Each year, the Marlins are rewarded a "Competitive Balance" pick and each year they trade it. LA will most likely just DFA Morse and take the financial hit.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
Odd that the Dodgers would trade for another outfielder when they have so many already. Latos makes sense but Morse?

They took that terrible contract instead of giving better prospects and to get the comp balance pick. Morse has negative value: his contract cost exceeds his playing value (by a lot)....like being underwater on a car note. Other negative value players: Adam Laroche, Starlin Castro

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
The Marlins are a f***ing joke. The Dodgers are flexing their big market muscles and just buying picks. Each year, the Marlins are rewarded a "Competitive Balance" pick and each year they trade it. LA will most likely just DFA Morse and take the financial hit.

Morse would be a great fit to DH here.

edit- nevermind, just looked at his stats

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
Jim Bowden ‏@JimBowden_ESPN 7m7 minutes ago

According to sources there is a third team involved in the Dodgers/Marlins trade which is bigger than being reported

Since a Chicago reporter broke the original deal, I gotta assume its us.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
Yeah...that is why I said, "waiting for a follow-up tweet that says" such. Would make for some excitement, haha.

See the excitement of this time of year gears my brain to reading that as "We're waiting on the follow up tweet, Puig was seen packing it up"

But yeah seems pretty interesting that a Chicago area writer would get the bead on that and then it suddenly turns into a 3 team deal.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
See the excitement of this time of year gears my brain to reading that as "We're waiting on the follow up tweet, Puig was seen packing it up"

But yeah seems pretty interesting that a Chicago area writer would get the bead on that and then it suddenly turns into a 3 team deal.

I like that tweet...go tell Bowden to send it out so we can at least get excited. Puig would be the ultimate get (out of all the names mentioned), imo. I suppose we could be a 3rd team in a deal. Say the Phils want something other then Puig so Sox give up prospects for Puig (to the Phils) and the Phils get Hamels. I don't know that our prospects would be that exciting but hey who knows.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)

which chicago guy broke the news orginally? why wouldnt he have said could be a 3 teamer.. wouldnt he want the credit??

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
I like that tweet...go tell Bowden to send it out so we can at least get excited. Puig would be the ultimate get (out of all the names mentioned), imo. I suppose we could be a 3rd team in a deal. Say the Phils want something other then Puig so Sox give up prospects for Puig (to the Phils) and the Phils get Hamels. I don't know that our prospects would be that exciting but hey who knows.

It would be a fantastic jolt to this team and fan base.