Confirmed three-way trade

GGajewski18

That comp balance pick is a nice fit with a trade for a rent, as it somewhat offsets the QO pick the other team will lose.

Can't just deal prospects for Puig. Gotta throw a vet in there like Shark and Avi so as to not loot the farm system. Or better yet, don't trade for him.

Edited by GreenSox

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)
That comp balance pick is a nice fit with a trade for a rent, as it somewhat offsets the QO pick the other team will lose.

Can't just deal prospects for Puig. Gotta throw a vet in there like Shark and Avi so as to not loot the farm system. Or better yet, don't trade for him.

Unless, we are a 3rd team and whomever has the target the Dodgers want, isn't interested in Puig and would prefer prospects (no idea why, but you never know).

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)
@jaysonst: Third club in #Dodgers-#Marlins believed to be a team that winds up with Michael Morse. He has no apparent fit on the Dodgers roster.

He has no apparent fit on anyone's roster for what he is getting paid, so I have no idea who the 3rd team could possibly be and I would have to think Dodgers are sending cash then (to get rid of Morse) or are taking on someone else's contract.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
@jaysonst: Third club in #Dodgers-#Marlins believed to be a team that winds up with Michael Morse. He has no apparent fit on the Dodgers roster.

Can't imagine that being the Sox.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:02 PM)
He has no apparent fit on anyone's roster for what he is getting paid, so I have no idea who the 3rd team could possibly be and I would have to think Dodgers are sending cash then (to get rid of Morse) or are taking on someone else's contract.

$7 mil this year and $8 mil next year.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
Lol I agree I'll pass on Morse

We take Morse and Puig, send LaRoche to Miami and Danks/Q to LA. Call up EJ and Micah, DH Micah and Morse takes Bonifacio's place of never playing on the bench.

Edit: And then we don't have a 5th starter so I'll shut up.

Edited by Knackattack

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
We take Morse and Puig, send LaRoche to Miami and Danks/Q to LA. Call up EJ and Micah, DH Micah and Morse takes Bonifacio's place of never playing on the bench.

Edit: And then we don't have a 5th starter so I'll shut up.

:D

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
This second wild card is fantastic for the sport.

Even though it brings excitement, I still struggle with the concept of the 1 game playoff. Given how long of a season baseball is, seems so arbitrary and punitive to the team that put in all that work and only gets to play 1 game. From a pure entertainment perspective though, clearly exciting and that excitement does a great job kicking off the post-season (especially the way the Royals won that playoff last year).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
Even though it brings excitement, I still struggle with the concept of the 1 game playoff. Given how long of a season baseball is, seems so arbitrary and punitive to the team that put in all that work and only gets to play 1 game. From a pure entertainment perspective though, clearly exciting and that excitement does a great job kicking off the post-season (especially the way the Royals won that playoff last year).

I think that is one of the greatest things about it. It puts a lot more value in winning your division.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
I think that is one of the greatest things about it. It puts a lot more value in winning your division.

Was about to say exactly that. When the first WC was added, people complained that it devalued division titles. The second one basically fixes that by forcing the one and done.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
Was about to say exactly that. When the first WC was added, people complained that it devalued division titles. The second one basically fixes that by forcing the one and done.

I really like that aspect. It does devalue the 162-game season, which needs to be shortened to be taken seriously. However I'll take the 2WC format over the old format every day.