Confirmed three-way trade

GGajewski18

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
Sounds like the Dodgers assumed they could find a taker for Morse. The speculated third team was that assumption. Oops.

Maybe that will result in them finding a taker for Ethier instead!!

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
@clarkspencer: Now hearing the trade is far from complete. Sources telling me it could be falling apart. Total confusion. #marlins

Huge assumption on Dodgers part to think that someone would just take Morse off their hands right away.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
Maybe that will result in them finding a taker for Ethier instead!!

I very well could and would make the Dodgers even more desperate to unload a contract like Ethier's. Not that LA doesn't have the money to waste, lol.

I would take on Ethier's contract in exchange for Danks + prospect. Not sure the Dodgers would.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
I like that idea - except for the prospect part. We're taking the worst of it money wise.

Guess I'm thinking that as bad as Ethier's contract is, he's still worth more than Danks.

How about we get a prospect instead? ;)

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:52 PM)
Guess I'm thinking that as bad as Ethier's contract is, he's still worth more than Danks.

How about we get a prospect instead? ;)

There ya go! But would warrant some cash from Dodgers.

He's having a good year, but since June, his OPS is right around .700....nothing special. It's a monetarily expensive risk for ($38 million for 16 and 17, incl buying out 18).

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)

He's having a good year, but since June, his OPS is right around .700....nothing special. It's a monetarily expensive risk for ($38 million for 16 and 17, incl buying out 18).

But if you look at his splits, he's got a .831 OPS against righties! We have plenty of right handed players on the bench, all we'll need is for Robin to use him in a platoon role and he'll be a solid contributor.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)

Yes, its definitely risky and money would have to come back to the Sox. Enough money to bring Ethier's salary down to match his level of play.

Problem is that I doubt the Dodgers would be interested in Danks even though Danks would be a better pitcher in the NLW ball parks. The Dodgers would have to be beyond desperate, imo.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

#Braves lefty Alex Wood would go to #Dodgers if three-team deal with #Marlins is completed, sources tell me and @jonmorosi.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 55s55 seconds ago

#Braves reliever Jim Johnson also would go to #Dodgers, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. Morse and compensation pick would go to #Braves.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 59s60 seconds ago

So, if deal goes through, #Dodgers could end up with Latos and Wood for their rotation and Jim Johnson for their bullpen.

@Ken_Rosenthal: #Braves lefty Alex Wood would go to #Dodgers if three-team deal with #Marlins is completed, sources tell me and @jonmorosi.

@Ken_Rosenthal: #Braves reliever Jim Johnson also would go to #Dodgers, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. Morse and compensation pick would go to #Braves.