White Sox will be buyers at the deadline

southsider2k5

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
It really is remarkable that they entered this road trip 42-50, and sonofab****, they might just come home 50-50 and in it for the duration.

Playing what-if, they could easily have gone 3-3 instead of 1-5 on that post all star game homestand.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:43 AM)
Playing what-if, they could easily have gone 3-3 instead of 1-5 on that post all star game homestand.

What is that? Using that rationale, you could go back through the season and find probably a dozen games or more that could have gone one way or the other and that would make them either one of the best teams or the worst team in baseball. Could they have won? Sure. Did they? No.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
Odd for a Tigers writer to tweet this for any purpose other than stirring s*** up.

Because the out of town writers don't have to worry about things like pissing off an organization and losing access to coaches/players/stories, they can actually report these kind of things. The Chicago guys have to worry about pissing off their sources in the White Sox. I honestly believe better information comes from the out of town writers, versus the in town ones, because of these reason.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
Odd for a Tigers writer to tweet this for any purpose other than stirring s*** up.

Someone from the Tigers feeds him this "info" hoping to get more folks involved in talks for Price. Makes sense to me.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)
Someone from the Tigers feeds him this "info" hoping to get more folks involved in talks for Price. Makes sense to me.

Also very possible, and a vein that all local writers tweets should be viewed in. For example, notice that no one said anything about Erik Johnson being scratched a few days ago, then after we reported it, all of the local writers suddenly had the information that he was being moved to shadow Samardjiza.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 06:01 PM)
I wish they'd send him to Pittsburgh for Alvarez, or to any team for anybody.

yeah... but sending a check for what ..... how many millions with him for pit.

i can't figure out the actually amount. over 10 mil??

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:23 PM)
Laroche for Alvarez makes to much sense.

for us, but still.

Not really. LaRoche is a whipping boy, but he'll hit again. Wasn't too long ago Melky's contract was an albatross. I was told by one, he wouldn't put up a 4 WAR total from his low point for the balance of the contract. He is already 25% there. He has eked his way back to a positive WAR. LaRoche will hit again.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 06:26 PM)
Not really. LaRoche is a whipping boy, but he'll hit again. Wasn't too long ago Melky's contract was an albatross. I was told by one, he wouldn't put up a 4 WAR total from his low point for the balance of the contract. He is already 25% there. He has eked his way back to a positive WAR. LaRoche will hit again.

i agree with this. and if the org makes the decision it is contending this year, laroche can be a valuable piece.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:26 PM)

On one hand you have Melky bouncing back, on the other Adam Dunn.

LaRoche was adequate albeit slightly underperforming for the first two months or so and then suddenly just dropped like an absolute rock. Maybe it's injury, maybe it's mental, but something out of the ordinary for sure.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:32 PM)
LaRoche was adequate albeit slightly underperforming for the first two months or so and then suddenly just dropped like an absolute rock. Maybe it's injury, maybe it's mental, but something out of the ordinary for sure.

Toss him on the dl. Give him 13 more days off to heal.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)

Pretty sure I said 5 and over the full contract.