7/29 White Sox vs Red Sox 6:10 CT

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
Avi is really pulling off the ball I think Hawk is right he's gotta step further from the plate and maybe try and use an open stance.

More power can be had by opening up your stance as well.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
More power can be had by opening up your stance as well.

Avi doesn't generate nearly enough torque for a man his size. When is the last time he got his hands extended and powered through a ball for a HR? Maybe that Detroit series 2 months ago.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)
Avi doesn't generate nearly enough torque for a man his size. When is the last time he got his hands extended and powered through a ball for a HR? Maybe that Detroit series 2 months ago.

He will learn. Sometimes it takes players a few years to really understand how to hit in the MLB. I would not give up on him at all

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
He will learn. Sometimes it takes players a few years to really understand how to hit in the MLB. I would not give up on him at all

Are you willing to risk a shot at winning the AL Central in 2016 on a bet that Avi will learn how to hit next year?

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
Isn't this Avi's first full season? Injury took him out of last season for the most part... relax on the kid for now. He still has time to come around.

Yes he does, but he's also a first-year arb eligible player on a team with seemingly aspirations to compete. $2 million next year isn't bad for this level of performance. $4.5 million in 2017 is what we cut Viciedo loose instead of paying.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 06:03 PM)
Upton and Gomez ? Yeesh getting Gomez would've been nice.

He'd have been nice, but Mets had to pay a steep price. That said, I think he's under control for one more season.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 08:03 PM)
Upton and Gomez ? Yeesh getting Gomez would've been nice.

Upton still playing in SD game. He was not traded.

Edited by Soxfest