7/29 White Sox vs Red Sox 6:10 CT

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like someone should bump the anti- Alexei thread and have to apologize if they were hating on him.

I for one, never jumped ship, however that's not a brag. Just saying, didn't jump ship. Glad to see old Alexei back.

Think Alexei doesn't hear the footsteps with Saladino and Sanchez around?

They're all seemingly pushing each other now to make better and better plays, not unlike when Omar Vizquel was playing 3B in 2010.

Maybe that's the one thing Alexei needs the most, some competition around him. Because when Micah was playing 2B, it seems to infect the rest of the team like a virus but all of a sudden the whole team's playing much more focused baseball.

Maybe it's the pressure of the deadline, of losing Samardzija as a teammate, but there's definitely a new dynamic at play recently.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 07:18 PM)
I was watching Sports Talk on CSN. The guy they talked to from MLBN said he could see us buying and get a .....RH Reliever

One, Nate Jones might not be as close to MLB-ready as they had once projected.

Two, the lack of real quality options in the 7th and 8th has pretty much been limited to Putnam, Petricka and Duke. You wouldn't say it's the most pressing need compared to a RH companion for LaRoche (or a possible RF replacement for Avi), but you definitely had a feeling Monday night in the late innings they were quickly running out of options there.

When you look at the Yankees with Betances/Miller (.100 and .118 BAA) or the Royals, the model is more and more becoming to lock down at least the last three innings with "go to" or close to automatic guys. Problem is that there aren't many arms like that just growing on trees.

Would actually feel more comfortable with a better LH option than Jennings, someone mentioned Thatcher in another thread.

Edited by caulfield12

So Kenny and Rick have GOT to be working the hell out of the phones right now, yes?

I mean is there even a question as to what our course of action is at this point?

Tyler trying to get someone beaned now.