Predict the Sox deadline.

southsider2k5

Also thinking they will stand pat. Not sure they want to mess with the chemistry they have right now by bringing in a bat. I really wish they would bring in a RF tho and get rid of Avi. I think Gerardo Parra would be a perfect fit for this team. You could slot him in the 2 hole or the 5 hole and get plus defense in right. Seems too perfect for it to actually happen though.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 08:43 AM)
Zero moves.

But if any good player is traded it will be Micah Johnson.

I've made a lot of suggestions on who comes and goes but I honestly have no idea what the Sox will do. Must be a lot of infighting between opposing possible directions the team will take in the front office.

The only thing we can be REASONABLY assure of is that the Sox keep LaRoche because of his salary and continue to try and get their money's worth from him unfortunately . A bat would be nice but who the Sox give up for it and the amount of said bats salary has to be the bone of contention among the brass.

I'll just say stand pat with an eye on the upcoming home stand and if fruitful some waiver wire transaction in August.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
You mean him doing the Jed and taking the gm job with Oakland.

I don't understand the heat here and I actually think this is a pretty fair trade for both side and I probably would be fully okay with that trade. Might be because I don't think highly of Avi and I highly doubt Hawkins puts it together.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
I don't understand the heat here and I actually think this is a pretty fair trade for both side and I probably would be fully okay with that trade. Might be because I don't think highly of Avi and I highly doubt Hawkins puts it together.

I'd do that trade in an absolute heartbeat.

I do think they will do something, but you can't react to Toronto, you have to do what is best for the White Sox. I think something small happens, but like the comment about how they tried, we will get the something huge that would have blown everyone away was really close.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
I do think they will do something, but you can't react to Toronto, you have to do what is best for the White Sox. I think something small happens, but like the comment about how they tried, we will get the something huge that would have blown everyone away was really close.

Yep probably. I cant remember how many times we've heard that last line though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)

Yeah man, I agree. I don't think the trade is preposterous at all. I will say I think it's doubtful Hawkins is the kind of bat Oakland is looking for.

I'm thinking the Sox get Reddick for Micah Johnson, Trayce Thompson and Jordan Guerrero.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
This trade would be immediately followed by a press release announcing Rick Hahn's resignation/firing.

Go ahead and explain why. A replacement for Reddick as of now to a struggling team that can deal with his growth, a lottery ticket bat and a pitcher with #2/3 upside and closer downside. It's a nice package for a team like Oakland and nice, but expendable, pieces for Chicago.