7/31 White Sox vs Yankees 7:10 PM CT

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 03:12 AM)
Well, I hope all of you riding the last week's win streak have sobered up. Thankfully we have Shark to finish out the remainder of the season. I'm sure he'll win us just enough games to lose a few draft positions

How the heck else should we have acted last week? When the Sox are winning they look like pennant winners. Then they lose a game and can't ever stop it at one. Now we've dropped two in a row and nobody would be surprised to see it four after this weekend. Weird ass team that nobody can ever figure out.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
How the heck else should we have acted last week? When the Sox are winning they look like pennant winners. Then they lose a game and can't ever stop it at one. Now we've dropped two in a row and nobody would be surprised to see it four after this weekend. Weird ass team that nobody can ever figure out.

It is quite difficult to not get overly excited in that situation. We thought they finally figured it out

Blue Jays win.

Mob scene in Toronto.

Questionable balk call moved over Tulo to 2nd, Donaldson drove him in.

Fwiw, they still didn't have 30,000 on a Friday night after adding Price/Tulo in the span of less than one week against the best team in the AL, arguably.

QUOTE (RaySox @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 03:29 AM)
It is quite difficult to not get overly excited in that situation. We thought they finally figured it out

Plus we were MURDERING teams. I swear I'm going to freak if they drop 6-8 in a row again. Is it so hard to not be streaky? With this pitching staff, one of the 5 is supposed to put an end to losing streaks before they begin. OK one of the four.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 03:33 AM)
Blue Jays win.

Mob scene in Toronto.

Questionable balk call moved over Tulo to 2nd, Donaldson drove him in.

Fwiw, they still didn't have 30,000 on a Friday night after adding Price/Tulo in the span of less than one week against the best team in the AL, arguably.

Does anybody up there care bout baseball much? It's all hockey, baby.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:16 PM)
Oh well. I'm too confused by this team to be real negative any more. Now we're three below .500 again. Rodon gets rocked by a good team. Danks could have the same fate tomorrow and we be four under.

Whatever will be will be. ...

You're not confused, you're awake now. The only confusion about this team was the last week, and it was foolish to believe a half season of futility should be overlooked for a 7-1 run.

QUOTE (RaySox @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)

I know many here weren't overly excited or fooled by the team and still wanted to have Shark traded

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 03:39 AM)
You're not confused, you're awake now. The only confusion about this team was the last week, and it was foolish to believe a half season of futility should be overlooked for a 7-1 run.

They looked GREAT. Teams have gone on amazing runs before during the second half. Seemed like this team finally was gelling. How could we not be fooled? Yes, it sure looks like Baltimore and Toronto are gonna roll the second half.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)

Carry on my wayward son .

I refuse to take this laying down. Sox HAVE to win tomorrow and avoid the dreaded 3-game losing streak. This is not how sports work. Teams don't go on streak after streak in opposite directions. Wake up, White Sox! With my boy, Danks, going, it could easily be a replay of tonight. Why are the Sox suddenly s*** in the Cell (last homestand and this one)?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 03:48 AM)
I refuse to take this laying down. Sox HAVE to win tomorrow and avoid the dreaded 3-game losing streak. This is not how sports work. Teams don't go on streak after streak in opposite directions. Wake up, White Sox! With my boy, Danks, going, it could easily be a replay of tonight. Why are the Sox suddenly s*** in the Cell (last homestand and this one)?

Cause they've played KC, StL and NYY...3 of the best in all of baseball

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
They looked GREAT. Teams have gone on amazing runs before during the second half. Seemed like this team finally was gelling. How could we not be fooled? Yes, it sure looks like Baltimore and Toronto are gonna roll the second half.

Cleveland and Boston are bad teams. New York, Kansas City ans St Louis are good. You're looking at the reality here of this ballclub. They're just......bad, and forgettable like past seasons.

Please stop acting as if everyone was fooled, when many here were not

They say bad news comes in three's. It did today. Billy passes, no moves at the deadline, corpse-ball effort against the Yankees.

Back to reality.

The Sox sure know how to fall apart just at the time the fan base is getting excited and back into it. Amazing. Can't win when PK retires, can't win opening day, look totally lifeless for the home opener. Stink the joint out on reunion weekend and now tonight.

Typical I guess.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 03:58 AM)
Cleveland and Boston are bad teams. New York, Kansas City ans St Louis are good. You're looking at the reality here of this ballclub. They're just......bad, and forgettable like past seasons.

Please stop acting as if everyone was fooled, when many here were not

Tizzle, were u really convinced the Sox really sucked when they got to one under .500 the other day?? With our starting pitching and closer? With the improved defense and Melky carrying the team? How could u be convinced the team wasn't starting to gel?? This team needs to suck it up and win the next 2 games of this HOME series. Not that difficult to avoid 4-to-8 game losing streaks!!!!