Historic Sox Audio...

Lip Man 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
Two more items...

For October 5th LaMarr Hoyt pitches a playoff gem: http://www.chicagonow.com/soxnet/2015/10/l...ws-an-alcs-gem/

For October 6th One of the greatest World Series catches ever: http://www.chicagonow.com/soxnet/2015/10/t...ss-him-goodybe/

Mark

I don't think I will ever get over 1983.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
I wish I could have watched Dick Allen play.

'

To this day still my all time favorite Sox player to watch....bar none. He was absolutely amazing. There was really nothing the guy couldn't do....and some of the HRs would hit...good lord. He hit one that was at the base of the scoreboard in CF against the O's I believe...and a line drive at that. We were in RF that day. And of course the 3 run-pinch hit hr off Sparky Lyle in the 9th was still the best I've ever seen in person.

That was a great link Lip...thanks.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 23, 2015 -> 03:29 PM)
'

To this day still my all time favorite Sox player to watch....bar none. He was absolutely amazing. There was really nothing the guy couldn't do....and some of the HRs would hit...good lord. He hit one that was at the base of the scoreboard in CF against the O's I believe...and a line drive at that. We were in RF that day. And of course the 3 run-pinch hit hr off Sparky Lyle in the 9th was still the best I've ever seen in person.

That was a great link Lip...thanks.

Allen was an amazing player for sure. The center field hold run came off Lindy McDaniel of the Yankees.

Mark