8/1 vs NY Yankees

flavum

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 02:50 AM)
Greg, I'm with you on this one. Johnny takes a lot of s*** for his contract...which I suppose is part of being a professional athlete. But he sure does seem to get underwhelming support for all the times he does pitch well.

At least 4-5 posters joined me in praising him tonight. I don't know why he's so unpopular. He's like Mark Buehrle. He gets the ball and fires it, doesn't mess around. You can tell he's a competitor. Everything you should want in a baseball player. And somebody else said he's a great guy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
At least 4-5 posters joined me in praising him tonight. I don't know why he's so unpopular. He's like Mark Buehrle. He gets the ball and fires it, doesn't mess around. You can tell he's a competitor. Everything you should want in a baseball player. And somebody else said he's a great guy.

He's boom or bust it seems. When he's on I'll give him credit, when he sucks he deserves it. I'm the same for every player.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 07:25 PM)

I wasn't in the game thread for the game but Danks pitched a really good game. There, I said it. I don't want to look it up but I bet Danks has even been better more often this year than he's been awful. :D

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 03:30 AM)
He's boom or bust it seems. When he's on I'll give him credit, when he sucks he deserves it. I'm the same for every player.

Nice. I despised Melky signing and despised him as a player, but I'll give him his due, now. He's been the No. 1 reason for the resurgence, along with defense, of course. If the team had infield defense like this the first two months and change, I think the Sox would be firmly in front for the wild card.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 08:32 PM)
Nice. I despised Melky signing and despised him as a player, but I'll give him his due, now. He's been the No. 1 reason for the resurgence, along with defense, of course. If the team had infield defense like this the first two months and change, I think the Sox would be firmly in front for the wild card.

I loved the signing. Guy can hit.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)

A lot of people were down on Melky and I understand for the most part.. but it was kind of funny because even then Melky was hitting 250 with the occasional line drive...

The rest of the team couldn't get close to doing that.