Sox sign Dayan Viciedo

flavum

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 12:44 AM)
I would trade LaRoche in a heartbeat but its not something I am counting on. I know if LaRoche were on another team I would not want the Sox to trade for him. Even if a team offered to pay 5M, no thanks. I hope I'm dead wrong but I just don't see LaRoche going anywhere so I've come to accept he will be in a Sox uni for one more season. I really hope that the Sox use him as a bench bat and move Avi to the DH spot to open up RF for Thompson.

As for Melky, I think the Sox are getting exactly what was expected from him and he's one of the few bright spots offensively this season. He doesn't have much power but he never has. He started driving in some runs once he was moved to the middle of the order and imo, he provided some protection for Abreu. Protection LaRoche failed to provide. I really have no complaints about Melky and I'm glad he's on the team. Aside from HR's, he's better in pretty much every offensive category when compared to the player he replaced, Viciedo. I do realize though, that improvement came at a pretty steep price.

Since we're in a thread on Viciedo, it's worth noting that I'm still amazed at how many people are genuinely ok with Melky producing basically Dayan Viciedo's 2012 and 2013 numbers while being paid $13 million for it.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
Since we're in a thread on Viciedo, it's worth noting that I'm still amazed at how many people are genuinely ok with Melky producing basically Dayan Viciedo's 2012 and 2013 numbers while being paid $13 million for it.

I keep looking for a poll thread that says "ARE YOU OK WITH MELKY CABRERA UNDERPERFORMING THIS SEASON?" and cant seem to find it

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)

Thing is, Viciedo no longer produces those numbers at the MLB level which is why the Sox signed Melky in the first place.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)
And Viciedo being paid $13 million for them would have infuriated people.

Come on man, what is your point in all this? Viciedo had his shot and failed so the Sox signed Melky. It is what it is and I'm done with this pointless topic.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 08:07 PM)
The post I quoted described him as "one of the bright spots this season" and said that the White Sox basically got what they paid for from him.

I don't understand why Melky gets this year's free pass. He's been lousy overall and is not worth the $$$$. Maybe it's his name. Melky is a cool name I'll grant you that.