Downstate media's opinion of the Sox

SpringfieldFan

Up in Chicago I know how much the media is biased towards the Cubs. I just thought I would provide a little perspective on what it is like downstate - in Springfield. Here is a story from one of our paper's sportswriters that sums it up pretty well.

State Journal Register

I guess I cannot get upset too much at the writer - what he has written is pretty much what I have observed down here. At least the Sox got ink of some sort down here.

In any case, I hope you all can understand why I dislike the Cubs and

the Cardinals. It is lonely being a downstate Sox fan!

I think you found a sports-writer more clueless and f***ed up than Joe Posnanski

:fyou this guy. Doesn't surprise me he's a self-admitted Cub fan. And someone should drive a VW mini-bus through his f***ing office if the White Sox go to the World Series. f***ing asshole.

And he forgot the Cubs greatest tradition of all. Losing and choking. :fthecubs

Well, to be fair to the guy, he does accurately report the lack of Sox interest around here. It took quite a while for me to find even a Sox t-shirt at the mall in the sea of all the red and blue stuff. And the comment about the lack of radio coverage - that was right on. I am forced to listen to am1000 and at night all I can hear on that frequency is spanish and static.

However I do take strong issue to his comment the Sox have no tradition. Tradition has been the richest part of the sox experience and I would take any of the sox stars he lists over any of the cub stars he compares them to. And the volkswagon comment was a cheap shot, no question about it.

Guest hotsoxchick1

lmao..... the intern should remain in school and this reporter should check facts a bit better, i would start ripping him apart on his comparisons but i feel that would be ripping on a knowledge challanged person... its obvious this writer has none......and hes never been to wrigley before or he would know that scrub fans dont even have a bandwagon ... kinda hard to drive more than two folks at a time on their bicycles...... ;)