Trayce Thompson on the way

flavum

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
I don't understand. He gives them so much more than Albers, Webb or Jennings.

Yes you do understand c'mon now , you know baseball ,he just pitched , he's useless for probably 3 or 4 days. Just call him Yo Yo Carroll up and down up and down.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 08:59 AM)
With how badly our bullpen was burned this weekend, they may want to keep Carrol a bit longer.

They already sent him down after yesterday's game. Haven't seen an official announcement on Trayce, but have to assume it is coming.

I wonder if the delay in the official announcement (since Carroll was optioned, seemed likely someone is on the way), is the hope that they can get Valencia off waivers today to take the roster spot. Not exactly sure what time of the day that the claim will be officially awarded, but it should be today sometime.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 11:46 AM)
I wonder if the delay in the official announcement (since Carroll was optioned, seemed likely someone is on the way), is the hope that they can get Valencia off waivers today to take the roster spot. Not exactly sure what time of the day that the claim will be officially awarded, but it should be today sometime.

It's probably just a service time thing. They usually wait to the day of the first game to make it official.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 11:48 AM)
It's probably just a service time thing. They usually wait to the day of the first game to make it official.

Right, but its already noon. They could have made it the announcement this morning.

I am inherently biased towards Trayce (have long been one of his biggest fans on this site) but I wonder if in this day and age he actually has a lot more upside then we give him credit. If you put him in RF, with his defensive skills and the new aged statistical measures, are we going to see a guy whose bat is mediocre but his glove is so strong, that we are talking about a pretty valuable overall rf'er (and a major long-term upgrade over Avi)? I'm probably overstating things but if Trayce's metrics grade out as good as his defensive tools suggest (and w/Avi's current struggles) this would probably be as good of an era as any to come up (and we might even see him be the type of guy whose bat, which initially will be below average, slowly grades into solid).