8.3 Rays @ White Sox 7:10 CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
How could he if the response to that would be "the players I wanted would've won us the game" :P

He gets the blame, but if you believe what bucket (and Rock to an extent) said, who knows what guys he wanted and what guys were KW's finger prints.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 04:26 AM)
Well, Baltimore's winning as well...although the Angels are playing so badly they're putting themselves back in the elimination bracket.

This game is a perfect illustration of why we should have dealt Shark.

Coaching decisions right and left, bad defense, bullpen giving up key late runs right and left whenever the Sox had the momentum.

3.5 behind a superior Blue Jays team. Have fun catching them

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 10:27 PM)
He just cost the White Sox any chance of getting the wild card. He MUST be fired. I mean if he uses 1/10th of his brainpower he does not send Lexi there. He just has to go.

Don't get me wrong, I know it was a terrible move and I think he should be fired, not just for this but for all of his horrendous decisions this year. But we're the White Sox. We won't fire him.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 09:24 PM)
If you flip the W-L record against the NL in 2007, it wouldn't have been as abysmal of a year as it ended up being, despite the fact that watching that team for more than a few innings at a time would make your eyes bleed.

At least you had Fields and Owens and Wasserman looking decent...Andy Gonzalez, haha. He looked like a slugger compared to Leury.

it's been common knowledge for years now that the Sox cannot win games when there are expectations set upon them, hell even Rongey admits it and he waves the damn pom poms every night.

it's like they're scared as f*** when pressure is on

Can you imagine if you screwed up at work as badly as McEwing just screwed up there? You'd get raked over the coals and depending on your reaction to the chewing out, you'd be fired or at least DEEP in the doghouse.

Will anybody even say anything to McEwing? The Sox have a bad enough team ... they don't need coaches making the players' jobs even more difficult.

Thanks, McEwing. We'd have probably hit into a DP and tied the game, but noooooo.

The thing is....it's just laziness on McEwing's part and/or lack of scouting.

If Kiermaier didn't play for the Rays, he'd be in the Gold Glove conversation. He can really do it all defensively. The Rays' announcing team was simply incredulous he was being sent there.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:29 AM)
Don't get me wrong, I know it was a terrible move and I think he should be fired, not just for this but for all of his horrendous decisions this year. But we're the White Sox. We won't fire him.

I hear you, brother. I'm so mad at McEwing. Like somebody said, a good Little League coach would know better. McEwing has to be ready to make an educated call. He probably never even considered the fact there were NO outs. He got caught up in it. Pretty idiotic. I think it's baseball etiquette to not interview McEwing after the game, so the writers can't grill him about it. Probably unnecessary anyway. But it was a send that cost the Sox a game.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:30 AM)
it's been common knowledge for years now that the Sox cannot win games when there are expectations set upon them, hell even Rongey admits it and he waves the damn pom poms every night.

it's like they're scared as f*** when pressure is on

Never thought of that, but you are right. They'll start playing good ball again when they are 8 under .500 probably. Web gems. Big hits. Key bullpen performances. And then they'll get to one under .500 and reek again. Sickening.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:33 AM)

If Kiermaier didn't play for the Rays, he'd be in the Gold Glove conversation. He can really do it all defensively. The Rays' announcing team was simply incredulous he was being sent there.

He will win the GG this year

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
I'm sure Garcia will be out there tomorrow. Heck probably moved up in the order. Mistakes gets you a promotion on this team.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
Guys lets not let McEwing let us forget that Avisuck is the reason we lost

Of course he'll be starting tomorrow. He's Hahn's pride and joy - Avi the "untouchable."

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 08:33 PM)

The Rays broadcasters honestly seemed offended that they sent him. Were baffled that they could even think about it with Kiermaier out there and even if it wasn't a guy with an incredible arm the ball was just hit in an area where you don't send a guy with no outs

That was one of the many reasons it was such a horrible call.

You don't gamble with zero outs... and you don't gamble on their best throwing center fielder...

not to mention Alexei slowed up because he figured he was stopping.

Just an unbelievable f*** up there.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:31 AM)
I think he tried to hold Eaton last week and Eaton literally blew him off and ran right to home

That was probably in the back of McEwing's mind ... ugh.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:33 AM)

It's not laziness, it's stupidity. Being baseball stupid. Not even thinking about the situation. If Lexi ran through a stop sign, let me know and I'll re-direct my anger.