Nick Hostetler Promoted to Director of Amateur Scouting

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 10:15 AM)
Going back farther we had no 2nd rounders in 2008 or 2005.

Just noting that it does play a role.

I would reckon we are on the very low side in terms of giving up picks. On the flip side, its been a long time since we were on the receiving end of picks as well (again, we are probably on the very low side). I recall back in 04 or so when we whiffed on Lumsden / Lucy / Whisler / etc. Horrific use of those picks all things considered.

Business as usual for the Sox.

Promote a guy thats not very good at his job and replace him with the guy he mentored.

The Sox could have been bold and waited until the offseason to make this move and bring in Chris Correa, a guy with a demonstrated track record of success with the best run organization in the sport, but why not just stay in the cycle of mediocrity.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
How long will KW remain employed by the Sox front office?

Until someone strokes his ego enough to leave. Why would he ever leave, he gets free money with no accountability and has lifelong job security. The Blue Jays may decide that they will pass on him especially if they make a run this season and promote AA. If so, the Sox are stuck with KW.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 06:48 PM)

Promote a guy thats not very good at his job and replace him with the guy he mentored.

The Sox could have been bold and waited until the offseason to make this move and bring in Chris Correa, a guy with a demonstrated track record of success with the best run organization in the sport, but why not just stay in the cycle of mediocrity.

ahhh sounds a lot like DC..... that is why there is a reek of stupidity stench there.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)
Hey look, it is retroactive complaining day! Everyone get out your "look into the past" goggles and find a move that worked out for another team and blast the sox for not making the same move!

Yay!

Ha that would be easy even this year you can point to all the moves the Sox made that haven't worked or look at DH alone. I don't even have to do any research to come up with cheaper better DH's than LaRoche, .... Kendry Morales and Chris Colabello

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 10:17 PM)
Ha that would be easy even this year you can point to all the moves the Sox made that haven't worked or look at DH alone. I don't even have to do any research to come up with cheaper better DH's than LaRoche, .... Kendry Morales and Chris Colabello

if i remember correctly, before Adam laroche was signed, there was a discussion on this site of a nice signing for the dh. KM was discussed then as well.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
if i remember correctly, before Adam laroche was signed, there was a discussion on this site of a nice signing for the dh. KM was discussed then as well.

He was my preferred option, but I thought LaRoche would be more of a "sure thing" given that LaRoche had outperformed him in the past several years. Made sense to pay the premium for that guy since we were going to succeed and win the division with our strong roster this yera. D'Oh.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)

In fact' when Robin pitched around KM the opening series, he was called a dope. Hindsight is a helluva drug.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 11:48 AM)

Would MLB even allow that...? Isn't there legal action hanging over his head, at least it still hasn't been sorted out how to punish the Cardinals, presumably. The FBI hasn't made any annoucements since, have they?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 05:30 PM)
Would MLB even allow that...? Isn't there legal action hanging over his head, at least it still hasn't been sorted out how to punish the Cardinals, presumably. The FBI hasn't made any annoucements since, have they?

That's why I said they would have to wait until the offseason to make the move. It couldn't go down now, and you would probably want to do it right before the winter meetings so that when the news popped it would get drowned out quickly by the trade chatter.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
He was my preferred option, but I thought LaRoche would be more of a "sure thing" given that LaRoche had outperformed him in the past several years. Made sense to pay the premium for that guy since we were going to succeed and win the division with our strong roster this yera. D'Oh.

i too had adam as my #1 with KM being my #2.

i also had some real concerns, esp after how paulie did last yr. but the sox will not go for the sure thing, making the necessary trade to get one.

so the long gamble was the rt to go, as per the sox owners have done in the past. here is my thoughts on the sox have done. how many times has it worked > 1 maybe 2.... how many times did it failed. > many.