8/7 at KC Royals

flavum

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 02:37 AM)
I want a bat this offseason. If we spend big money on Shark and not a bat I'm going to be pissed off.

Not a huge bat, but I think Derek Norris for catcher could make sense. Padres have Hedges waiting to take over.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Second and third nobody out and that happens? LOL.

Saladino - overmatched, whiff.

Abreu - clueless on the strikeout pitch way outside of the zone; waved at it like a complete stiff.

Melky - nice little drive to right; Royals have Sox scouted perfectly; Rios makes it look harder than it was.

LOL. Failure. Bad teams don't score in that situation; we have a bad team!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 02:50 AM)

Abreu - clueless on the strikeout pitch way outside of the zone; waved at it like a complete stiff.

Melky - nice little drive to right; Royals have Sox scouted perfectly; Rios makes it look harder than it was.

duh

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 02:50 AM)
Not sure of the rule on that ground rule double by Trayce. I think that ball hit the left fielder before it bounced into the stands. Should be two bases from there.

nope, if it's a deflection like that, it doesn't count as possession.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)

Abreu REALLY has to fix some of his horrible at bats.

They guy gives away 30% of his at bats and still almost hits .300.

It's ridiculous

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 02:55 AM)
Is he seriously pairing a slider varying between 90 and 93 with a 99 mph fastball?

Gameday is saying the 90 mph pitch is a changeup. All I know is the sliders he threw to Morales were incredible.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 07:40 PM)
Way more Lincecum-ish than Danish. Fulmer absolutely dominated the best conference in the NCAA. Biggest concern with him, IMO, is his mediocre command. I'm excited about his potential, but I have a feeling his first year will resemble Rodon's this year.

L.Ron said earlier Danks delivery is max effort and that could describe Fulmer from what I've been reading and because of that some see him as a reliever. He night need a few years before we see him at the big league level.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 02:56 AM)
L.Ron said earlier Danks delivery is max effort and that could describe Fulmer from what I've been reading and because of that some see him as a reliever. He night need a few years before we see him at the big league level.

I can't see him changing his mechanics much, so I'm sure they'll keep him as a starter and just hope for the best.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:56 PM)

His delivery reminded me of McCarthy. It's really quick and he flies through it. Didn't make me think of Danks. He's not as lanky so it's like he just starts and explodes forwards.