8/9 Games

flavum

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
The double promotion I suggested for him doesn't look too insane now. Too good for high-A as well. Let's get him in the lineup for the Angels series.

Eddy may be my favorite "sleeper" in the entire org. I made the completely bats*** crazy prediction he'd be Top 100 by the end of the year and while that isn't happening, he's extremely fun to follow.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Eddy may be my favorite "sleeper" in the entire org. I made the completely bats*** crazy prediction he'd be Top 100 by the end of the year and while that isn't happening, he's extremely fun to follow.

His career goal is to make the majors and walk 100 times in a season. How great is that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)

Hopefully the glove catches up, but he is a guy you can't help but root for.

Anderson sure is skinny, huh?

I love seeing Alvarez killing it in Winston-Salem. Give him a look in spring training next year and figure out if he's a piece for the future. He will and should start next season in AA, but keep him on a fast track if possible.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 04:07 PM)
His career goal is to make the majors and walk 100 times in a season. How great is that.

He'll never fit in with the Sox with that attitude. What about 'aggressiveness'!?! I'm sure the off season plan is to have Alvarez review all of Alexei and Avi's ABs so he can learn the Sox Way...either that or he'll get traded to an organization that actually values people who can get on base.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 07:09 PM)
Johan Cruz down in GF has probably pack on some muscle/weight the past 2 years. He went from a SS with 40 steals potential to a now 3B who hasn't attempted a steal this season. Though the spike in slugging is definitely a welcoming sign.

If I recall he wasn't very good at SS, but I can't speak towards a change in his speed/steals.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
Anderson going to AAA soon? Or finishing at AA?

I wouldn't mind bumping up Alvarez and Anderson each up a level, and let Rondon go back to A+. They could get a couple weeks taste of the new level and make adjustments in the off season as needed.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
I wouldn't mind bumping up Alvarez and Anderson each up a level, and let Rondon go back to A+. They could get a couple weeks taste of the new level and make adjustments in the off season as needed.

Yup. I want to see Tim at AAA to get taste for next season.