8/9 Games

flavum

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
Yup. I want to see Tim at AAA to get taste for next season.

I wonder how much better AAA is than AA. AAA is replete with org. guys. Charlotte has maybe 3 real Sox prospects on its roster. I guess the org guys are better than the average AA fodder.

Eddie Alvarez is a monster.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 09:38 PM)
I wonder how much better AAA is than AA. AAA is replete with org. guys. Charlotte has maybe 3 real Sox prospects on its roster. I guess the org guys are better than the average AA fodder.

Eddie Alvarez is a monster.

I'm not real familiar with how different each level is so someone will correct me. But I'm guessing there's a bit of a gap with AAA because you have some vets there, guys repeating it and top prospects up there. Just my two cents.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
I wouldn't mind bumping up Alvarez and Anderson each up a level, and let Rondon go back to A+. They could get a couple weeks taste of the new level and make adjustments in the off season as needed.

I didn't even notice that Rondon is in AAA.

Ooof. Talk about do or die.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 12:28 AM)
I didn't even notice that Rondon is in AAA.

Ooof. Talk about do or die.

I assume Rondon's AAA stint will be shortlived, although I wouldn't mind them putting him into a utility role maybe next year. If his glove is as good as advertised he could be a nice bench guy. Wouldn't hurt to see if he can handle the mentality that requires though.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 12:11 AM)
I assume Rondon's AAA stint will be shortlived, although I wouldn't mind them putting him into a utility role maybe next year. If his glove is as good as advertised he could be a nice bench guy. Wouldn't hurt to see if he can handle the mentality that requires though.

Especially with his weak bat. Not worried about him losing regular ABs

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 12:15 AM)
I'm not real familiar with how different each level is so someone will correct me. But I'm guessing there's a bit of a gap with AAA because you have some vets there, guys repeating it and top prospects up there. Just my two cents.

The fact that many good prospects struggle in AAA at first despite doing well in AA tells me it's a better brand of ball

Right now the Barons are leading their division for the 2nd half which would put them in the playoffs. That's both a "playoff baseball experience" for those guys and extra games under pressure for guys like Tim. Charlotte has a shot but right now they're 2.5 games out of the "wild card" spot for their league.