Hahn hints at upcoming deals

southsider2k5

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 03:01 AM)
He also said that he doesn't consider us out of the Wild Card race yet, so I don't know about this.

he is saying the right things. being optimisticed and all that. i would rather have someone say those things when there is a small chance of making the run.

now some could that as being delusional.

but being a sox fan, is that a natural requirement??? :)

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
And he's right. Not saying it will happen, but get hot and go win something like 12 out of 15 and they are right back in the conversation.

12 of 15 might put us behind the loser of the Toronto /Yankees death match. Toronto has won 11 out of 12 . Toronto is buzzin' ,the team ,the fans ,the city. Gosh I envy them :P

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 12:08 PM)
Greg is seriously one of the best parts of this website

He can't be serious though . I think he must have a warped sense of humor or enjoy the attention. No one can constantly defend Danks and Flowers the way he does without some agenda. I guess people call it trolling . I mean he gets to see his name online, laugh at how crazy people get over his fake opinions. I mean he's a Sox fan no doubt but he has to be pulling everyone's legs a lot of the time.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
He can't be serious though . I think he must have a warped sense of humor or enjoy the attention. No one can constantly defend Danks and Flowers the way he does without some agenda. I guess people call it trolling . I mean he gets to see his name online, laugh at how crazy people get over his fake opinions. I mean he's a Sox fan no doubt but he has to be pulling everyone's legs a lot of the time.
Have you spoken with fans at games or listened to Chicago sports radio? Greg sort of represents the opinion of a lot of our fans. Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Have you spoken with fans at games or listened to Chicago sports radio? Greg sort of represents the opinion of a lot of our fans.

I've been in California since 1980 . Maybe I'm out of the loop but can't imagine many Sox fans singing the praises of Danks and Flowers the way he does. So when you say he "sort of represents" that "sort of " sort of makes a lot of difference.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
I've been in California since 1980 . Maybe I'm out of the loop but can't imagine many Sox fans singing the praises of Danks and Flowers the way he does. So when you say he "sort of represents" that "sort of " sort of makes a lot of difference.

Well Greg certainly does add his own little twists.

But most Sox fans seem to be a product of what the Chicago media writes/says or White Sox broadcasting teams say.

Now if you read/hear what much of the Chicago media and the White Sox broadcasting teams say, well, let's just say your typical Soxtalk poster is not indicative of the average fan.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 01:13 AM)
If Hahn can dump Shark, LaRoche, Melky, Robertson, Duke and Lexi I'll be a happy camper for starters.

Out of this list, Alexei could possibly move. Robertson, LaRoche, Melky will all be on next year's team and Samardzija will bring back a 1st round pick next June.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
Why wold you dump Melky, Robertson, and Shark?

I've long advocated having a "do-over" of last offseason. Albeit it may be a little late now. But those who have good memories may remember me advocating them getting dealt way before the trade deadlines. Yes, now it may be tougher, etc.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)
Greg you absolutely can drive me bonkers with your bulls***. What the f*** is wrong with you, son?

I've been frustrated by the team's up, down, crazy play. And LaRoche kills me not in a good way.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
Greg is seriously one of the best parts of this website

Yes! I have a supporter.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)

I have a thing for Danks because I like pitchers who get the ball and fricking throw it, ala Buehrle. Also I don't begrudge him the salary he makes, as I contend it's not his fault he got the big contract. I also think he's made a nice comeback from the surgery. I really like his approach. He may not have the best stuff anymore but he gets it and deals and like I've pointed out has pretty much been lights out effective HALF the time. Yeah half the time isn't good considering his salary, but I like his style. And I'm pulling for him. So sorrrrrrrryyyyyyy if you hate Danks. I love him.

As far as Flowers, I probably am too kind to him. But I contend he's not the devil. He's average IMO. Maybe a little below average but he's not trash.

And I don't "pull legs" or "troll." I bleed White Sox black!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 11:02 PM)
Have you spoken with fans at games or listened to Chicago sports radio? Greg sort of represents the opinion of a lot of our fans.

Yes I wanted a do-over, trading all those guys we got in the offseason. I never was in favor of acquiring Melky cause of the roid past. But I did give Melky props when we were hot and I thought back in the WC race.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
I guess Hahn meant the deals for other teams...

This is the original tweet:

Scot Gregor ‏@scotgregor 19m19 minutes ago

Lot of good stuff from #WhiteSox GM Rick Hahn today. Didn't come out and say it but don't be surprised if he makes waiver trade or two

Good question to Hahn from @ESPNChiSox about job security. Hahn said fear of losing job is not a motivator in how he operates

What I get from it is we don't know what Hahn said since this Scot Gregor guy doesn't say and is just drawing his own conclusions based on his interpretation of what Hahn actually said.

For all we know he was hinting about the promotion of Nick Hostetler.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 23, 2015 -> 10:27 AM)
This is the original tweet:

Scot Gregor ‏@scotgregor 19m19 minutes ago

Lot of good stuff from #WhiteSox GM Rick Hahn today. Didn't come out and say it but don't be surprised if he makes waiver trade or two

Good question to Hahn from @ESPNChiSox about job security. Hahn said fear of losing job is not a motivator in how he operates

What I get from it is we don't know what Hahn said since this Scot Gregor guy doesn't say and is just drawing his own conclusions based on his interpretation of what Hahn actually said.

For all we know he was hinting about the promotion of Nick Hostetler.

This whole thread was based on an assumption from some random reporter. In the interview, Hahn actually said the opposite of what the thread title is.

edit- he said we're not out of the WC race so there's no need to sell

Edited by Jose Abreu