White Sox Survey...

Lip Man 1

I'd encourage fans to take a few minutes, answer the questions and pass along your thoughts. I'm not saying it will make any difference but I do know if fans don't tell management how they feel, NOTHING will certainly change.

http://www.baseballfanconversations.com/a/...77520-824375113

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 05:16 PM)
I'd encourage fans to take a few minutes, answer the questions and pass along your thoughts. I'm not saying it will make any difference but I do know if fans don't tell management how they feel, NOTHING will certainly change.

http://www.baseballfanconversations.com/a/...77520-824375113

Mark

I did.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)
i completed the survey

one word to describe my thoughts of the sox was "frustrated"

i also said they need to refrain from Loyalty Hires, and just hire the most qualified people

My one word: Disappointed

QUOTE (Saufley @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 12:48 AM)
My one word: Disappointed

I put disappointed as well. I said I was very disappointed. I didn't use the 'E' word. I also said I was disappointed at the team's continued suckage vs. the Central.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 09:56 PM)
I feel sorry for whoever has to read these. Definitely used the word embarrassed among other things.

Hopefully they get sent to upper Front Office. They need put on notice. We have some real talent in the minors but still a ways away. They better figure out a way to add an impact bat rather than spend $$$ on Shark.

Well, they're for sure going to learn if they don't know already that Sox fans are not in real good moods. I actually used the word "optimistic" though. I couldn't help it because frankly I am. Not for this season any more but in general, I am.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)
Well, they're for sure going to learn if they don't know already that Sox fans are not in real good moods. I actually used the word "optimistic" though. I couldn't help it because frankly I am. Not for this season any more but in general, I am.

Optimistic for '17 not '16 for me.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 06:03 AM)

Why optimistic? I know our pitching is great but it's been allegedly great for some time now and we continue to be a last place team in the Central. I don't really think Saladino and Sanchez are the answer despite their good gloves and Eaton and Avi are still question marks for the future. You guys like our setup men, I think they blow. Petricka and Putnam are average at best and Duke isn't that reliable. Robertson is great but still blows a lotta saves.

Flowers' long streaks of suckage are a constant problem and Lexi is old. So why are you optimistic.

Anderson has to be great or we are in a world of hurt.

I tried to be tactful in the final survey question. My one word answer to describe how I feel about the Sox right now was HEAVYHEARTED. I also addressed the issue that in the last 10 years or more, besides Thomas Ventura and Crede, when is the last time that scouting, drafting and player deveopement brought up HOME GROWN IMPACT Bat/position player whether a consistent 300 hitter or a 35-40 homerun bat that doesn't strike out 200 times. It seems whoever we develope can't ever hit over 240 in the SHOW. It seems that any IMPACT bats that we obtain always have to gotten from other sources outside of our organization. Player developement, scouting and drafting has proven to be futile in the hitting department, and yet year after year the same people remain on board while expecting different results. Just doesn't make sense. Anyway, I doubt anyone in the front office will read it or even "give a hoot" about our opinions, but I wrote them down anyway. (Lastly, my comments were not all negative. I left some positives, but for time and reading space, I'll end my post here)

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
i completed the survey

one word to describe my thoughts of the sox was "frustrated"

i also said they need to refrain from Loyalty Hires, and just hire the most qualified people

That was my one word too.(!)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 01:07 AM)
Why optimistic? I know our pitching is great but it's been allegedly great for some time now and we continue to be a last place team in the Central. I don't really think Saladino and Sanchez are the answer despite their good gloves and Eaton and Avi are still question marks for the future. You guys like our setup men, I think they blow. Petricka and Putnam are average at best and Duke isn't that reliable. Robertson is great but still blows a lotta saves.

Flowers' long streaks of suckage are a constant problem and Lexi is old. So why are you optimistic.

Anderson has to be great or we are in a world of hurt.

Eaton is currently sporting a .767 OPS. He is no longer a question mark, he has put up 4.9 WAR in little over a season and a half. Please pretend like you somewhat follow the team.

Edited by Dunt