8/11 Games

royoung

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
I'm no scout so I can't attest to bat speed and such, but his hitting stats are certainly comparable, if not better, than Russell's.

How much physical and mental development do you think happens between age 21 and 25 for an average person?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
How much physical and mental development do you think happens between age 21 and 25 for an average person?

The mental aspect is the one thing I am not worried about with Alvarez. He proved he could compete at the top of the world in one of the few sports that requires quicker decision making then baseball.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 04:52 PM)
The mental aspect is the one thing I am not worried about with Alvarez. He proved he could compete at the top of the world in one of the few sports that requires quicker decision making then baseball.

That's the point. I'm saying if you compare him to a 21 year old, both in physical development and in mental development, he *Should* be far ahead.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
Except he probably is about 19 in terms of baseball development

True, but you can't look too much in that. Trying to learn (or relearn) something at 25 isn't as easy as someone who's learning at 17-18. The more important factor is he's having a major physical advantage than other 20-21 year olds he's been playing with since he's already hitting his physical prime.