Utley to Dodgers for 2 minor leaguers

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 02:48 PM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 1m1 minute ago

People close to Chase Utley say he'll only agree to a deal if he's assured of playing time with acquiring team. Intends to play beyond 2015.

Supposedly the Giants are after him pretty hard and Joe Panik is a lock to keep his 2B job when he comes off the DL in a week or so. Makes me think Utley wouldn't accept a trade there.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
Supposedly the Giants are after him pretty hard and Joe Panik is a lock to keep his 2B job when he comes off the DL in a week or so. Makes me think Utley wouldn't accept a trade there.

Actually the Giants aren't gor sure when panik will be ready and when he does come back they are thinking of moving Utley to 1st and belt to outfield.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 37m37 minutes ago

Chase Utley likely to stay with #Phillies rest of season, GM Ruben Amaro tells SportsRadio WIP

Which means he will probably be traded later today.

Any word on which Sox stiffs have cleared waivers? I assume Melky, Alexei, Laroche, Albers et al.

Maybe not even Alexei. A team could claim him and then buy out his option and not be on the hook for too much money.

Almost certainly Danks, LaRoche and Melky. Possibly Duke. Maybe Robertson, though he wouldn't be moved anyway.

I don't know why Albers wouldn't get claimed. He's not owed much.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 07:46 AM)
Maybe not even Alexei. A team could claim him and then buy out his option and not be on the hook for too much money.

Almost certainly Danks, LaRoche and Melky. Possibly Duke. Maybe Robertson, though he wouldn't be moved anyway.

I don't know why Albers wouldn't get claimed. He's not owed much.

I wouldn't be that surprised to see Melky claimed. Dude is far and away cheaper than any other FA options. His contract isn't that bad in today's game. But the Sox wouldn't and shouldn't let him go.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
I wouldn't be that surprised to see Melky claimed. Dude is far and away cheaper than any other FA options. His contract isn't that bad in today's game. But the Sox wouldn't and shouldn't let him go.

The only reason he woudln't get claimed is if people think it is a waste of time because the White Sox wouldn't trade him anyway.