2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last check, DRose isn't married. What he does in his private life doesn't matter to me. I'll let the legal process do its thing before passing judgement.

I still don't see the purpose of him coming back for the playoffs after his ACL tear. He hadn't played in a year and could've done more damage than good as far as the game went. He wasn't ready. They weren't beating the Heat that year anyway.

I can't defend the dumb stuff he says but there has also been nothing concrete about this mythological rift between him and butler. When there were games with JB was hot, I saw Rose yelling at him to keep shooting.

If he wants to go FA in two years, I'm all for letting him go. If they can't win in the next two years with him, Noah, etc, you let him walk.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
On the bright side, if Rose gets one more punch on his frequent buyer card, he gets his next surgery free.

NBCSN Verified account ‏@NBCSN 16m16 minutes ago

Derrick Rose’s surgery successful, he may return for opening night: http://tw.nbcsports.com/Ahc

Opening night this season or next? He does need to get paid. He has a son who may be going to college.

I am pretty sure DRose may be the dumbest person to ever play with the Bulls. I wish BJ, his agent would get in his face and tell him to shut up, but aparently the is a Reggie Rose production.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 30, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
Opening night this season or next? He does need to get paid. He has a son who may be going to college.

I am pretty sure DRose may be the dumbest person to ever play with the Bulls. I wish BJ, his agent would get in his face and tell him to shut up, but aparently the is a Reggie Rose production.

Derrick Rose reminds me so much of Allen Iverson it isn't even funny. The big difference is that AI had more guts. Other than that, same player, same off of the court IQ.

I just want to say...for all that is wrong with Rose...all that and then some is right with Butler. He had Dougie McBuckets stay and train with him at his "mansion" in San Diego for a few weeks. Doug said he was getting up at 5:30 but every morning at 5 Jimmy could come storming in to start the training routine.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...1001-story.html

oug McDermott set his alarm for 5:15 a.m., only to have his wake-up for workouts interrupted by a seemingly omnipresent presence.

"Jimmy would come in my room at 5 a.m.," McDermott said.

That would be Jimmy Butler, with whom McDermott stayed "at his mansion in San Diego" for a daily dose of double, sometimes triple workouts.

"He's been hands down the best player on the floor," McDermott said. "(Wednesday), he was guarding me and that was frustrating because he was everywhere. He's talking crap to all of us; it didn't feel like he was on our team for a second.

"He has a completely different mindset. He really wants to win. He's worth the money, that's for sure."

"I knew Jimmy was good," Hoiberg said. "But he's been awesome.

"In talking to him, he wants to add to his game. Every offseason, he's in here working on stepbacks, one-footers, runners. His 3-ball looks great right now. He's such a well-rounded player. And when you have a guy who has that type of drive and desire and work ethic, he'll continue to get better."

"That was my goal the entire summer," Butler said. "I really just want to help us win. I really don't put numbers above everything else. Because if I say a number and fall short, you're probably going to say I suck. I just focus on winning. Stats and stuff, that will come with the flow as I get comfortable in this new offense and with this new coaching staff."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)
Yeah, Jimmy is everything you want in your star player. I love the kids story, and his heart.

He was being interviewed during media day and was joking about how he can play point guard. He may not need to joke. Buckets is such a great teammate and just awesome.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
He was being interviewed during media day and was joking about how he can play point guard. He may not need to joke. Buckets is such a great teammate and just awesome.

He wasn't joking. This was mentioned right at the start of the offseason too. He actually trained to play PG this offseason.