2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably a good idea. Biggest thing Jimmy could have worked on is passing when he went into the block. What a friggen player he's become though. Actually, I take it back, if he can hit 3's off the dribble at 36% or higher that would be amazing.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
What the hell is wrong with Stephen A Smith? Besides everything...

I don't get that guy nor why ESPN still employs him. Threatening one of the NBAs biggest stars? Wtf

I said hi to Stephen A last year at a Bulls/Cavs game. Literally "what's up stephen A"- he was less than three feet away from me (walking past) and didn't look/acknowledge me. Ever since then I've disliked him even more :lol:

And yes, this whole KD thing is ridiculous.

Said some crap about KD and made some dumb, threatening "do not come after me. You don't want to do that" statement. If KD wanted to end this, cut any interviews with ESPN. Or pull a Marshawn Lynch when you're forced to do the interviews. That'd hurt SAS more than anything else.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:23 AM)
Stephen A's first comment was absolutely fine. No idea why kd wanted to attack him for that. But yeah the rebuttal...haha

KD didnt attack him, he just said SAS is a liar because he isnt getting his info from anyone around KD. SAS laid out a list of teams that KD is going to as if he heard it from KD

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
KD didnt attack him, he just said SAS is a liar because he isnt getting his info from anyone around KD. SAS laid out a list of teams that KD is going to as if he heard it from KD

He didn't though.

“Regardless of how senseless it may (sound), in one breath I’m hearing that if Kevin Durant doesn’t stay in Oklahoma City, L.A. is his primary objective and landing spot as opposed to South Beach or even his home of Washington, D.C.,” Smith said.

That's all he said. Stephen a smith has been covering the nba for ages. I'm sure someone probably did tell him that, because the whole nba is talking about it. He didn't say it came from kd's camp even. There's plenty of whispers about where kd will land around the league and has been for years. This wasn't even a bad one, as it infers he probably stays in okc

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
He didn't though.

“Regardless of how senseless it may (sound), in one breath I’m hearing that if Kevin Durant doesn’t stay in Oklahoma City, L.A. is his primary objective and landing spot as opposed to South Beach or even his home of Washington, D.C.,” Smith said.

That's all he said. Stephen a smith has been covering the nba for ages. I'm sure someone probably did tell him that, because the whole nba is talking about it. He didn't say it came from kd's camp even. There's plenty of whispers about where kd will land around the league and has been for years. This wasn't even a bad one, as it infers he probably stays in okc

If all you're doing is "reporting" rumor, you're not better than any regular joe who reads/listens to random people talk about basketball. "I'm hearing Rose is going to return early!"

ESPN has a problem with this reporting stuff. Broussard and SAS are notorious for throwing stuff against the wall, hoping it will stick. I guess if you're right 1 out of 10 times, you can always point to that one time you're right, but at some point you lose credibility and people will tune out.

Sadly, there's a decent size chunk of this country that finds SAS and Bayless entertaining enough to watch on a daily basis. I don't know who these people are or what sort of IQ they have, but they clearly need help/need to get a life.