2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
If all you're doing is "reporting" rumor, you're not better than any regular joe who reads/listens to random people talk about basketball. "I'm hearing Rose is going to return early!"

ESPN has a problem with this reporting stuff. Broussard and SAS are notorious for throwing stuff against the wall, hoping it will stick. I guess if you're right 1 out of 10 times, you can always point to that one time you're right, but at some point you lose credibility and people will tune out.

Sadly, there's a decent size chunk of this country that finds SAS and Bayless entertaining enough to watch on a daily basis. I don't know who these people are or what sort of IQ they have, but they clearly need help/need to get a life.

Well there is a thing called hate-watching, which is almost certainly a big driver of that show's ratings. People just wanting to get pissed off about the stupid things those two say

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowley trying to stir up a Butler/Rose feud saying an ex-teammate claims while the 2 like each other, J G Buckets doesn't respect Rose's work ethic. If it is an ex-teammate and they are talking crap from last season, it can only be Nazr he is talking to, as everyone else is back.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
Cowley trying to stir up a Butler/Rose feud saying an ex-teammate claims while the 2 like each other, J G Buckets doesn't respect Rose's work ethic. If it is an ex-teammate and they are talking crap from last season, it can only be Nazr he is talking to, as everyone else is back.

From what people describe of Jimmy, only Kobe has his work ethic. My dad's client is Kobe's personal coach and Kobe's workouts are insane. Kobe is insane. Jimmy Buckets reminds me of Kobe...its why I love Buckets so much. Just an insane will to be great and he'll put in all the work possible to get the most out of his body. Butler also seems to have a hilarious personality and is great in front of the mic. He's the anti rose. I'm never worried about what Buckets is going to say is. I hope he takes another step forward this year!!! If he does, he's going to land some mega endorsement deals.

Former member of Bulls could be a former coach, right? Someone from Thibbs staff, potentially?

On a sidenote, you listen to people talk about Jimmy in practice and it is very clear that he's the alpha and he's anointing this his team. And based upon what other players say, it seems that they understand it is becoming his team. Funny how unlikeable Rose is vs. Pau / Buckets / Noah / Taj. Yet Bulls players clearly and utterly protect Rose so that protection has to mean they think relatively positively of him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
On a sidenote, you listen to people talk about Jimmy in practice and it is very clear that he's the alpha and he's anointing this his team. And based upon what other players say, it seems that they understand it is becoming his team. Funny how unlikeable Rose is vs. Pau / Buckets / Noah / Taj. Yet Bulls players clearly and utterly protect Rose so that protection has to mean they think relatively positively of him.

There is also a s***load of talk already about team leaders this year. That is pretty telling to me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)

Cowley is irrelevant.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)
Since the Guillen's left, he has no source anywhere.

He was pretty accurate about a lot of the Bulls stuff and was one of the first to throw it. Cowley is an ass and his style of reporting is terrible, but the other Bulls reporters wouldn't cover anything unless it was positive. And that is pretty typical of JR ran franchises, the media doesn't cover / report anything except for stuff that has been blessed.

First off:

After more came out about what a psycho barnes is and everything, I feel bad for laughing at the first story I linked above. Dude sounds like he is probably a chaotic terror to a whole bunch of people. I hope if he does not see jail for this that he gets help.

Secondly:

I was so pumped last preseason for the Rose factor. Now, I just haven't had much care to watch. Seems like we are jakcing up 3s and going for more possessions. We'll see. We've also been sitting a lot of our starters...which, what a novelty.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 09:18 PM)
Bobby Portis may not win ROTY but he'll be in the conversation.

And if I'm wrong, just ignore this.

He would need an injury. He's really solid at the little things though. I think he's a future piece for sure.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)
Portis has looked very good, but with Niko/Gasol/Noah/Gibson, I don't see him getting more than 5 minutes per game barring injuries/trades.

Thibbs is gone, remember?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 08:03 AM)
Even with a new coach who will probably give younger guys more minutes, how could we have a rotation of 5 bigs? We already struggle to find enough minutes for our top 4.

I think Portis will be playing. What they should do is trade Noah and Taj regardless of where they are in the standings. Noah is gone after the year and Taj can bring back a piece if he proves to be healthy.