2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Boogua @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:05 PM)
I would group the Heat with the Bulls. McRoberts and Bosh back along with a full offseason with guys like Whiteside and Dragic. Justice Winslow was a steal also.

I think the Heat will be pretty good, but their bench is awful compared to ours and Cleveland's.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
I think the Heat will be pretty good, but their bench is awful compared to ours and Cleveland's.

Strongly disagree. Last year their bench was awful, this year it's pretty nice. With the problems the Bulls will have defensively, I actually like the Heat and Bucks more. Just for the record, keeping Noah at C would still equal the same defensive problems, that guy is done.

Dragic

Wade

Deng

Bosh

Whiteside

Green

McRoberts

Winslow

Anderson

Chalmers

Bucks are really long defensively and they use their defense to create their offense. They kinda remind me of the 90s Bulls teams in terms of length

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 07:46 AM)
They should have gone before Thibs. We will see. It is really hard to take much out of preseason games, especially when they aren't playing with their entire roster, but it is interesting J G Buckets plays 37 minutes on Monday night then 32 on Tuesday in games that don't count, and not a word about the Mayor running his players into the ground.

Thank you. I said it when Thibs was fired and they did nothing in the offseason. By simply firing Thibs and hiring Hoiberg, you are flat out saying, Thibs was the only problem and not roster makeup. If Hoiberg doesn't make it farther, then the target is on your back because you have consistently done nothing to fill the holes, in 12 years you have yet to make a trade which netted you useful talent back, you haven't been able to sign a big time free agent (which means that flexibility bulls*** you keep touting is just that, BS) and you have the same core from 2008 Gibson, Noah, Hinrich, Rose. In the end, they have not taken any risks and the only trades they have done is for cap purposes.

I don't know how they've gotten a pass this long, especially Paxson. And it's not like his last few drafts have been great.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 11:35 PM)
Strongly disagree. Last year their bench was awful, this year it's pretty nice. With the problems the Bulls will have defensively, I actually like the Heat and Bucks more. Just for the record, keeping Noah at C would still equal the same defensive problems, that guy is done.

Dragic

Wade

Deng

Bosh

Whiteside

Green

McRoberts

Winslow

Anderson

Chalmers

Bucks are really long defensively and they use their defense to create their offense. They kinda remind me of the 90s Bulls teams in terms of length

To your last sentence, yes, I like the Bucks too.

But come on... that Heat bench is not good at all. Chalmers is trash, Birdman is bad, Winslow is unproven, McRoberts is ok, Green is ok... not even comparable to Brooks/Moore/McDermott/Gibson/Noah. The Bulls, barring major injuries, will definitely be a top-4 seed.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 11:40 PM)
Thank you. I said it when Thibs was fired and they did nothing in the offseason. By simply firing Thibs and hiring Hoiberg, you are flat out saying, Thibs was the only problem and not roster makeup. If Hoiberg doesn't make it farther, then the target is on your back because you have consistently done nothing to fill the holes, in 12 years you have yet to make a trade which netted you useful talent back, you haven't been able to sign a big time free agent (which means that flexibility bulls*** you keep touting is just that, BS) and you have the same core from 2008 Gibson, Noah, Hinrich, Rose. In the end, they have not taken any risks and the only trades they have done is for cap purposes.

I don't know how they've gotten a pass this long, especially Paxson. And it's not like his last few drafts have been great.

Nikola?

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 08:15 AM)
The Bulls need to waive Kirk Hinrich already.

The dude has been washed up for years, yet he still has a roster spot. He's the Bulls equivalent of John Danks.

I thought the addition of Hoiberg would cut his minutes significantly. Meaning, no more 20+ minute games from him, but we'll see.

I'd like Moore to get his minutes, and I think that's what will happen.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 08:15 AM)
The Bulls need to waive Kirk Hinrich already.

The dude has been washed up for years, yet he still has a roster spot. He's the Bulls equivalent of John Danks.

IF Rose could stay healthy, they wouldn't keep bringing back the crutch.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)
I thought the addition of Hoiberg would cut his minutes significantly. Meaning, no more 20+ minute games from him, but we'll see.

I'd like Moore to get his minutes, and I think that's what will happen.

I'd much rather have Aaron Brooks or Moore play than Hinrich. Hell, I'd prefer D.J. Augustin to him too.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 11:40 PM)

I'm sorry, but this is kinda laughable. GarPax have been pretty embarrassing at times with their decisions about coaches and player health (if you can pin that on them, which I don't really), but drafting and roster make-up is not one of them. They've earned A's in my book for basically every year. Gibson, Mirotic and Butler were all absolute steals. They "missed" on James Johnson (mid 1st round) and Teague (28th/29th?). They're able to find guys in the late 20's that can play and produce. That's not easy.

Thibs needed to go. Plain and simple. They needed a new voice in the locker room. X's and O's don't matter if the players stop listening (and his X's and O's on offense were s***). And rumors were that several players were done with Thibs and wanted him gone. That shouldn't dictate what the Bulls do, necessarily, but it's not a glowing endorsement either.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
I'm sorry, but this is kinda laughable. GarPax have been pretty embarrassing at times with their decisions about coaches and player health (if you can pin that on them, which I don't really), but drafting and roster make-up is not one of them. They've earned A's in my book for basically every year. Gibson, Mirotic and Butler were all absolute steals. They "missed" on James Johnson (mid 1st round) and Teague (28th/29th?). They're able to find guys in the late 20's that can play and produce. That's not easy.

Thibs needed to go. Plain and simple. They needed a new voice in the locker room. X's and O's don't matter if the players stop listening (and his X's and O's on offense were s***). And rumors were that several players were done with Thibs and wanted him gone. That shouldn't dictate what the Bulls do, necessarily, but it's not a glowing endorsement either.

+1

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
They "missed" on James Johnson (mid 1st round) and Teague (28th/29th?).

They traded Johnson to Toronto for the right to draft Norris Cole who was traded to Minnesota then Miami.

That Minnesota deal was gaining the rights to the #23 pic (Mirotic).

In that whole article, I actually thought Rose's quotes were as good as I've heard in years. He seemed pretty on point and in general everything was as if he had a PR guy helping him or he decided he was going to start "caring" what people thought again. Rumor is he just got so tired of all the people questioning him that he decided he just didn't care anymore and wasn't going to put in the effort at these things. I suppose to an extent I can understand that sentiment given how much heat he took for things which only he really knows (in regards to how good he felt and whether he was ready to play, etc).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)

Yup

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 10:26 PM)
I agree with basically all of this, but the entire front office could have been let go over Tyrus Thomas/LaMarcus Aldridge. Just want to be fair.

Basically, it allowed them to move up to get Doug McDermott.