2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 11:45 PM)
With Rose/Dunleavy, we'd look better offensively.

Disagreed. I said it in the offseason. When Pax fired Thibs, and didn't get any new players to improve this squad, that let me know that Paxson thought this roster was good enough to win it all and it was the coach's fault they weren't getting it done. Today, even at 100%, they still don't have enough.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 11:50 PM)
Disagreed. I said it in the offseason. When Pax fired Thibs, and didn't get any new players to improve this squad, that let me know that Paxson thought this roster was good enough to win it all and it was the coach's fault they weren't getting it done. Today, even at 100%, they still don't have enough.

We haven't seen this roster at 100% under the new system. You can't possibly make that judgment yet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 09:49 AM)
Am I the only one who thinks the Bulls should swoop in and trade for Ty Lawson?

I mentioned wishing we had done this in the offseason. I have no idea what is possible in our cap situation.

can't stress how much I hate our guard situation. Totally self-made.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 09:49 AM)
Am I the only one who thinks the Bulls should swoop in and trade for Ty Lawson?

What are you giving up to get him? Brooks, Snell, Moore are the only guys you can actually trade away and that's not good enough. Noah is worthless. Taj was expendable at the start of the season, but without Noah he's your #2 big. McDermott and Mirotic are still projects with potential, do you really want to give up on them early.

And that's ignoring the 12-13 million Lawson's owed.

I think the Bulls option is to go for broke and grab Melo. Trade McBuckets/Mirotic and some picks. Or they do nothing and see what happens this season.

Nerlens Noel has been terrible fitting next to Jahlil Okafor thus far, they both need to be around the paint to be effective. I think a Noel for Mirotic swap could be interesting for both sides. LOVE the DPOY potential Noel brings. But of course we're talking about the Bulls FO here, so carry on.