2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
I really hate the west coast trip. I basically can only talk about the 1st half. You guys want to talk about the first half?

I love them. By the time I put my kids down, I can watch on the DVR and usually by the 3rd or 4th I'm on live. Its nice cause I can actually pay attention to technology or other things (cause I hate watching games when I know the results).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2015 -> 08:50 AM)
Report today that a heckler pulled a gun on him earlier this season.

Thats not good, but i really dont see how that has anything to do with what happened outside the club. If he is fearful for his life, he probably shouldnt be hanging out at clubs, calling people broke and yelling "i got your money". Especially at 19 years old

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 28, 2015 -> 10:04 AM)
Thats not good, but i really dont see how that has anything to do with what happened outside the club. If he is fearful for his life, he probably shouldnt be hanging out at clubs, calling people broke and yelling "i got your money". Especially at 19 years old

You could either take that as a "reason why he'd overreact" or as a "this isn't an isolated incident already" and I think either of them could be accurate.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
Report today that a heckler pulled a gun on him earlier this season.

while i am not disputing your post on this. however, i question the integrity of it.

my main question, how is he to know if this was the same person, is there a police rpt?? was Okafor drinking or drunk??

Edited by LDF

Okafor is 19, suddenly has a lot of money, is on a potentially record-setting winless team and is apparently being heckled in bad ways. I'm willing to give him a break. Of course, this is why the rest of us go to college at that age. Do your stupid s*** in an environment that allows for some of it and has a support system in place.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 28, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
Okafor is 19, suddenly has a lot of money, is on a potentially record-setting winless team and is apparently being heckled in bad ways. I'm willing to give him a break. Of course, this is why the rest of us go to college at that age. Do your stupid s*** in an environment that allows for some of it and has a support system in place.

+1

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)
It was a sight for sore eyes. A very short bench killed today. These bulls are having success with great defense and bad offense. Jimmy played 40 minutes. Beat a better team at home. It's a new era.

just like the old era.

Glad to see Jimmy get some minutes with all the the talk about him having foot issues. I think media and fans alike are so accustomed to Rose being hurt so often and being hesitant about guys playing with pain you think they aren't even capable. Jimmy is a throwback though.

I was surprised Hinrich did not play. Was he injured recently?

y

I do not like what I hear about Dunleavy. The back is not a good injury for an aging player. Dunleavy was so important to the offense last year, I was really excited to see him in Hoiberg's system to move the ball around.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
I was surprised Hinrich did not play. Was he injured recently?

y

I do not like what I hear about Dunleavy. The back is not a good injury for an aging player. Dunleavy was so important to the offense last year, I was really excited to see him in Hoiberg's system to move the ball around.

Hinrich has a hip pointer

Nice win for the Bulls. Noah, who athletically has looked back all year, finally looked like he had the confidence of two years ago. That was a huge performance by him and given how emotional he is, that added confidence could be helpful. I also noticed he was quite irritated a couple times he got pulled late in that game (and I don't blame him).

And I agree with Dan, Drose went from one of the most likable stars in the game to one of the most unlikable players to watch I've ever seen. Something about every game i watch where I look at him and just get annoyed cause he looks so damn lazy on the court at times. Looks like me when I play my weekly pick-up games and I'm tired and decide I need to sit-out a play during the game, haha. But the dude is an NBA player. And then on the flip side, Butler is just so damn likable. Rose needs to wake up and realize he needs to find that killer instinct that disappeared. When he plays like he cares, you can see he can still be above average, but that effort / intensity is never their.

Need to inject him with some of Noah's passion / energy.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)
Nice win for the Bulls. Noah, who athletically has looked back all year, finally looked like he had the confidence of two years ago. That was a huge performance by him and given how emotional he is, that added confidence could be helpful. I also noticed he was quite irritated a couple times he got pulled late in that game (and I don't blame him).

And I agree with Dan, Drose went from one of the most likable stars in the game to one of the most unlikable players to watch I've ever seen. Something about every game i watch where I look at him and just get annoyed cause he looks so damn lazy on the court at times. Looks like me when I play my weekly pick-up games and I'm tired and decide I need to sit-out a play during the game, haha. But the dude is an NBA player. And then on the flip side, Butler is just so damn likable. Rose needs to wake up and realize he needs to find that killer instinct that disappeared. When he plays like he cares, you can see he can still be above average, but that effort / intensity is never their.

Need to inject him with some of Noah's passion / energy.

regarding Noah;

It didn't help he picked up his 5th foul with like 3-4 min left. Fred wanted him in for the last defensive possessions I think