2015-2016 NBA Thread

I'm kind of interested when the Warriors start to become villains nationally. I love to watch them play and Steph is a blast but he's starting to be the guy that whines after every play and he's the ultimate showboat but no one says anything yet. That type of stuff never bothers me but it usually does annoy people on a national stage.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
I'm kind of interested when the Warriors start to become villains nationally. I love to watch them play and Steph is a blast but he's starting to be the guy that whines after every play and he's the ultimate showboat but no one says anything yet. That type of stuff never bothers me but it usually does annoy people on a national stage.

Really? I don't see much of that.

I don't see them ever becoming villains. They don't play dirty. They don't flop all over the court. They don't under-perform like Lebron (in terms of his insane expectation levels). Steph is an incredibly likeable guy that looks more like you and I than anyone else in the league.

Other than Detroit and Utah, were the Bulls dynasty teams ever vilified? I don't think so. The Rockets weren't. The Lakers might have been a little, but most people were pulling for Kobe. The Spurs weren't/aren't. The Heat were because they were "hollywood as hell" and that's 100% true.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
Really? I don't see much of that.

I don't see them ever becoming villains. They don't play dirty. They don't flop all over the court. They don't under-perform like Lebron (in terms of his insane expectation levels). Steph is an incredibly likeable guy that looks more like you and I than anyone else in the league.

Other than Detroit and Utah, were the Bulls dynasty teams ever vilified? I don't think so. The Rockets weren't. The Lakers might have been a little, but most people were pulling for Kobe. The Spurs weren't/aren't. The Heat were because they were "hollywood as hell" and that's 100% true.

He definitely does. Once again, I personally couldn't care less as that's just the NBA but that type of stuff usually bothers people.

I don't really remember how the early 90's teams were perceived nationally but those Bulls teams would have been despised in this day and age, that's for sure.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
He definitely does. Once again, I personally couldn't care less as that's just the NBA but that type of stuff usually bothers people.

I don't really remember how the early 90's teams were perceived nationally but those Bulls teams would have been despised in this day and age, that's for sure.

Michael Jordan couldn't be Michael Jordan today. The media would be in a 24/7 frenzy over him. Gambling, cheating on his wife, punching teammates... It would be ugly.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
Michael Jordan couldn't be Michael Jordan today. The media would be in a 24/7 frenzy over him. Gambling, cheating on his wife, punching teammates... It would be ugly.

Do you genuinely think that no NBA or sports superstars cheat on their wives like crazy?

I honestly think that it's to the point that infidelity is so ho-hum and not juicy enough that more "paparazzi" probably knows about it nowadays but don't bother to report it unless there's maybe some crazy baby mama drama involved or somethin' along with some sort of wild video.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
Do you genuinely think that no NBA or sports superstars cheat on their wives like crazy?

I honestly think that it's to the point that infidelity is so ho-hum and not juicy enough that more "paparazzi" probably knows about it nowadays but don't bother to report it unless there's maybe some crazy baby mama drama involved or somethin' along with some sort of wild video.

That or most of these guys are smart enough to know that marriage and pro basketball careers don't really mix. How many players on the Bulls are married? Any of them? I assume Gasol, but that's it.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)

It wouldn't be just the cheating. It is the whole nine yards. Michael gave a ton of ammo, and as popular as he was, would generate a ton of clicks, which is all that people care about anymore.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
I think he's shooting as good as Dougie (or was as of like a game ago). Something like 45%.

Yeah I just saw him on NBA League Pass, he's ranked 2nd in 3PT% entering tonight at 47%, even ahead of Steph Curry, how crazy is that.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Yeah I just saw him on NBA League Pass, he's ranked 2nd in 3PT% entering tonight at 47%, even ahead of Steph Curry, how crazy is that.

It's crazy only in that I don't think Snell is as good as his percentage but he does nothing but take ridiculously wide open shots and they are all catch and shoot whereas Curry is taking and making ridiculous shots on a routine basis.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
It's crazy only in that I don't think Snell is as good as his percentage but he does nothing but take ridiculously wide open shots and they are all catch and shoot whereas Curry is taking and making ridiculous shots on a routine basis.

atrocious comparison

GarPax need t be considered the Executives of the Year in the NBA. Their clear vision that the reason the Bulls were falling short was a guy many were fooled into believing was a good coach was really incredible. Who would have thought bringing back an almost identical roster would result in so much better results just by swapping out a coach who fooled people into believing he had a clue? He ran Jimmy Butler into the ground. The Mayor has him playing an entire minute less per game now. That will probably extend his effectiveness in his career at least a few seasons.

God bless GarPax. They have it all figured out.